Shampoo & other products?

jocelysue

Are shampoo,body lotion, shower gel and différents soaps distributed individually in vials or packagesas in Princess, cunard & HAL or are they in bif dispensers? Curious to see how X interprets " modern luxury" in this field.

To Caroless:

Sorry, I didn't mentions showers because we've always had a bathtub on HAl.

Am talking about OVs and not suites Maybe, there aren't always bathtubs in interior but only showers. However, we've laways had bottles.

All lotions come in individual bottles, no wall dispensers. Your steward will replenish as you need and request. AQ, Concierge and Suites have a different line, but what you get in Interior, OV or Veranda is still very nice products.

I just bring sample quantities of the items I normally use. I prefer my own shampoo as I found the one supplied dried out my hair too much. You can get small bottles of bath gel at Wal-Mart that are sufficient for 7 days. I also bring a small loofa that just gets tossed at the end of the cruise.

Slightly off topic, I always bring small purse-sized packages of handiwipes for shore excursions and disinfecting wipes to touch up the cabin surfaces.

Sue

Sue,

Thanks for your tip re wipes. Have always done so.

The reson for my question was not to find out if quality of shampoo,etc. was good or not but rather to see how X treats all its passengers. It says it's a "modern luxury line" so I was just checking.

Have been told by many we'll love it, by others that, although we'll enjoy our cruise (who doesn't love a cruise?) we'll be disappointed by the small touches and luxuries we find on other lines although we're not higher tier customers.

For example,the cloth facecloths in public bathrooms, the lovely fine china, the cloth tablecloths in dining room, the lovely china, the piano music in atrium, the string trio or quartet after second sitting, s country delivered without request the night before,the daily info page geared to one' s country without asking, afternoon tea, etc. It's the small finer touches that we enjoy and hope to also find on Celebrity.

They are in small plastic bottles, no dispensers involved !

Lemongrass scented.

• Shampoo.
  • Conditioning Cream
  • Moisture Lotion.
  • and, if you're in Concierge Class or above, also Body Wash (shower gel).

Also, Bar of soap,

All will be replaced by your cabin steward as needed.

But the packaging & look is definitely not luxurious !

~ [ You will also get earbuds, cotton wool balls, box of tissues, showercap, face-cloths].

For example,the cloth facecloths in public bathrooms, the lovely fine china, the cloth tablecloths in dining room, the lovely china, the piano music in atrium, the string trio or quartet after second sitting, s country delivered without request the night before,the daily info page geared to one' s country without asking, afternoon tea, etc. It's the small finer touches that we enjoy and hope to also find on Celebrity.

What you will find on Celebrity is similar to what you'd find on HAL or Princess. Some of the items you may find have been eliminated due to financial cut-backs. Things like the strings have been eliminated on some ships, others still have them. Not sure about the daily page as we are from the US, but I've never gotten 'news' in the dailies. You can request news from your country, but the key word is 'request'.

Afternoon tea is still available and dining does have table cloths and nice china.

Sadly, X is a mass-cruise line....they are not Regent or Oceania. :o

Sue,

The daily news sheets(Canada, US,UK etc) are available at Guest Relations. You can request to have it delivered to your cabin.

Sue,

............. to see how X treats all its passengers. It says it's a "modern luxury line" so I was just checking.

........... and luxuries we find on other lines ...........

Mmmm ........ the word "luxury" is much misused these days. It does create an expectation, not necessarily always lived up to.

I'd expect the word to indicate something sumptuous & indulgent, a refinement of living beyond a reasonably high standard. So in that case for me Celebrity would fall short .

But as to the items you mentioned above ......

• you will find individual hand-drying cloths (not facecloths) in the public bathrooms - which is a lovely touch;
  • the china is nice, but not "fine" (same for cutlery);
  • proper tablecloths in dining room (but no fresh flowers on the dining table);
  • nobody playing the pianos on my recent sailing (yet there's 4 grand pianos on board);
  • classical string group were completely absent from my recent sailing;
  • there are "newspapers" available at a stand at Guest Relations each evening (published by the ship, same size as the "Daily", for a small number of different countries, depending on nationalities onboard) - they are not delivered to your room, but perhaps your room steward would oblige;
  • "proper" afternoon tea is an experience you have to pay for (occurs once, in Murano, $25) - otherwise you have to make do with the dainty items they put out in the Oceanview buffet at "afternoon tea time" at 4.30pm each day.