Getaway st marten catamaran quiestions

bostonfred

looking forward to our 2/15/14 cruise..has anyone experience with either the golden eagle sailaway and swim or..mirabella catamaran sail and swim......i know snorkling will be just okay,but want a great beach stop for swimming and fun cruise on the cat...any info would be great...i know there are reviews but looking for additional and recent feedback..sorry about the caps didn't notice they were on:d:d:d

We just did the Mirabella catamaran in December when we were on the Sun. The snorkeling was not good at all. The crew was great, though, and the water was fantastic! Getting in the water via the little slide on the boat was a lot of fun! The lunch was okay, nothing special, a sandwich on a baguette, but drinks were free. Be warned, the beaches they took us to are rather steep, and can be very tricky getting in and out of the water from the beach! I would book the excursion again!

We sailed along the south side of the island, and it was pretty cool seeing it from the cat!

Edited by put me on a ship

looking forward to our 2/15/14 cruise..has anyone experience with either the golden eagle sailaway and swim or..mirabella catamaran sail and swim......i know snorkling will be just okay,but want a great beach stop for swimming and fun cruise on the cat...any info would be great...i know there are reviews but looking for additional and recent feedback..sorry about the caps didn't notice they were on:d:d:d

Do a search for Captain Bob either on the St Maarten board, or trip advisor. We booked with him 2 years in a row, and had a blast!

Don't know if you have access to this or not, but DH had his best time ever on an excursion in December at St. M. It was the America's Cup Yacht race. They have several actual America's Cup boats from the 1980s, I think. So much fun and I've never seen this offered anywhere else I've been. You can choose to be an active sailor like he did, or a passive role as I did.

Whichever you do, have a great time!

thanks,any more info out there??:eek:

We have been on the Golden Eagle twice with Celebrity and loved it both times. The crews are great and safety conscious. Your snorkeling will depend on the weather and the beach may be clothing optional! We would do this again and again! Have fun!

• 2 weeks later...

Did the Mirabella on our last cruise and it was a good time but as the previous poster said the beach is steep and you have to swim about 30 yards to get to shore. This did not look like a long way until you have a couple kids hanging on you for help to get to the shore. Overall now that they are a couple years older I would think about doing this again as the people that ran the excursion were great dancing with the kids to music and overall very nice!!!