Having a hard time with activities

acesallyelton

Hi everyone,

My mom and I are going to be stopping in GC in February, and I am having a horrible time finding something for us to do! Ive been searching for a month now, but Mom doesn't like water activities and that is pretty much all that I can find.

Can anyone suggest anything non-water related? We aren't really "beach" people, either... I mean, we enjoy going to a beautiful beach but we don't like to spend the entire day there. (we have two days at sea in which we can laze around and sun tan, lol)

So unless you want to laze on a beach all day or snorkel, are we SOOL?

We enjoy shops, sightseeing, people watching, restaurants.

Is there a main town? Is everything within walking distance? Should we take a taxi anywhere special?

Thanks all :)

There are a lot of shops and restaurants right when you get off of the tender from the ship, but IMHO, it's mostly pretty touristy right there. My kids bought me my first "BANK OF DAD" t-shirt here on our very first cruise, and the legend in my own mind was born LOL!

It's an expensive port, but if you search these boards and just want to hang out waterfront and have a few drinks and enjoy the views, that might be your best bet with some strolling through the shops thrown in. To me, this port is all about the water, and Seymour's Jerk stand (great local joint), but others may have a different viewpoint.

Whatever you do, have a great cruise!!!!

Edited by bankofdad

shopping here is good ... if you want to spend $$. Jewelry shops sell top end stuff. IF you plan to buy, know your prices tho and do not ASSUME you are getting a great deal.

Last visit bough dd some Pandora stuff and paid exactly what I get it for locally - we saved tax . . .

On our visit last February, we walked off the ship and found there were plenty of people offering sightseeing trips. We paid $20 per person for a tour lasting 2 hours. We had about 15 or 20 minutes in Hell, spent some time watching people swimming with the dolphins, which is across the road from the Turtle Farm (if I remember rightly), drove passed the Old Homestead and chose to alight at 7 mile beach, from where we walked back to the ship. It was a pleasant two hours and very easy to arrange.

Here is a link the first post of which may interest you. We took the Island Tour.

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1581565

Edited by Sue's Mom

I visited Pedro St. James on my last visit to Cayman as I didn't want to do any water activities.

I found it to be an interesting spot with great history.

Not every cruise line offers and excursion to it, but doing a quick search online brought me to several companies that offered excursions to it!

Have fun, whatever you wind up doing!