Reflection 10 Night Eastern Med Cruise

nikibeach14

I am considering this cruise for our honeymoon in September 2014. I have looked at many reviews, however would love some feedback. Here are some questions I have:

• Do you think this cruise is suitable for 30 years olds? I know the cruise has many ports so we will be tired but for the days/nights at sea especially are there fun things to do for this age range? Fun bars, djs etc?
  • If we decide to book should we use the cruise lines tour guides or reaserach ourselves?
  • We have never been to Europe, do you think this is too much touring for a honeymoon?
  • Is the classic drink package free right now?
  • Any fedback from people who have taken this cruise, especially honeymooners would be greatly apprecited. Not sure if this would be a "romantic trip?

I have done the Med and done various itineraries. If you are considering the one that includes Istanbul- that would be my first choice because it is really relaxing sailing thru the Dardenelles and will allow you some downtime.

You should book two nights in Rome pre-cruise to get used to the time change and see the sights.

You'll be happy with celebrity and there is nightlife but most people go to bed fairly early because of the itinerary. Yes- I think you will have a great time.

Some of the ports are easy to do yourselves. Santorini is easy to do it yourself. Kusadasi is very safe and you can get a taxi to take you Ephesus unless you want a guided tour. It will be cheaper to do it yourself and more enjoyable. The guide I had moved at a snail's pace. The TERRACE HOUSES are the best part- so make sure to purchase those tickets (they are separate)

Istanbul- I'd say do a tour but you will be forced to go to a Carpet Store- all the tour guides push this. We just roamed around the other stores when this occurred. I still think a guided tour is best because traffic in Istanbul can be terrible and at least on a ship sponsored tour you can be confident to get back on time.

Mykonos is a good beach day and there are hotels there that cater to cruise passengers. Check the ship excursions to the beach.

If you are planning to do the Amalfi and Capri- do a ship tour because it is far from the ship and again- you don't want to be worried about the ship leaving without you.

Hope you have a great honeymoon!

Edited by rebeccalouiseagain

Your chosen itinerary starts and ends in Rome, which is one of the most romantic cities I've ever visited. Try to arrange your trip so you have 2-3 nights before or after your cruise in Rome. There are lots to do on board, but these busy Mediterranean cruises are really about the ports. Ephesus (Kusadasi) and Santorini are also on my top 10 list of all time favorites. It's easy enough to arrange for private group tours in Mediterranean ports. These are usually a bit longer and a bit less expensive than ship tours, plus fewer people. We always introduce ourselves by posting on the roll call for our cruise and find others with similar interests to share tours. Since it' s your Honeymoon, you may want to consider purchasing a specialty restaurant package. This could help you to build in some privacy during dinner to balance your main dining room experience. The 1,2,3 special will run until the end of Feb. You can get the classic drink package plus free gratuities for Mediterranean cruises.

Edited by kathynorth

I am considering this cruise for our honeymoon in September 2014. I have looked at many reviews, however would love some feedback. Here are some questions I have:

• Do you think this cruise is suitable for 30 years olds? I know the cruise has many ports so we will be tired but for the days/nights at sea especially are there fun things to do for this age range? Fun bars, djs etc?
  • If we decide to book should we use the cruise lines tour guides or reaserach ourselves?
  • We have never been to Europe, do you think this is too much touring for a honeymoon?
  • Is the classic drink package free right now?
  • Any fedback from people who have taken this cruise, especially honeymooners would be greatly apprecited. Not sure if this would be a "romantic trip?

My fiancé and I (girlfriend at the time) took the equinox through the Med at the end of October through the first week of November in 2012. I was 30 and my girlfriend 27 at the time of travel. We had a great time with the small exception of having hurricane Sandy going on back in New Jersey during our cruise. So even though we were loving Europe our minds were thinking about our friends and family back home. We think Celebrity provides a great vacation value and have booked our honeymoon on the Summit in April 2014.

I do feel that the cruise is suitable for 30 years olds if you're not looking to dance all night in a club or expecting a ton of people in our age group. We tried to take part in some onboard activities but the crowd was a little too senior for us. My gf still talks about a lady that was knitting a scarf during trivia. The few sea days we had we ate like pigs, watched movies and enjoyed our balcony. At least that's what I did, my girlfriend got lost in the spa and used up all of my onboard credit.

It was our first time in Europe together as a couple and I don't think there was too much touring at all, we wish we had more time in Rome, we flew in a day early but felt like it was a blur. Fly into Rome as early as financially possible, and enjoy a truly beautiful and historic city. My fiancé and I look back at the trip and are so glad we did it before we have children, never know when or if we will make it back.

Not sure about the 123 promotion and drink packages because I always book onboard and don't think I am eligible. We had the classic non alcohol package and was fine for us because we don't drink wine and purchased a few mixed drinks after or before dinner.

I hope I provided some help, if you have any other questions from our age groups prospective I would be happy to help.

Congrats on the wedding!!!

You will want to find your cruises "roll call" (upper right section of the X page on crruise critic). There you can interact with fellow cruisers on your trip and line up excursions. There will be many opportunities to join private tours.

Enjoy your trip if u go. I'm sure you won't be disappointed.