Do little kids have enough upper body strenth for the Labadee Aqua Park?

Labadee will be one of the stops on the family cruise we're taking in a few months. Having tried the water park there for the first time last month, I am left with the question of whether my grandkids will be able to climb onto many of the inflatables thee. There was only one thing I could climb up on and I had to wonder if the two small children who were there at that time were only able to climb up on things if an adult hoisted them up.

We certainly don't want to pay for 6 kids and have them come back disappointed because they were paddling around in a playland they could get out of the water to enjoy.

My boys age 8 and 11 needed help to get started but then could do it. Generally speaking smaller kids will need an adult helper.

The hard part is getting up out of the water onto the float, then it's easy.

Labadee will be one of the stops on the family cruise we're taking in a few months. Having tried the water park there for the first time last month, I am left with the question of whether my grandkids will be able to climb onto many of the inflatables thee. There was only one thing I could climb up on and I had to wonder if the two small children who were there at that time were only able to climb up on things if an adult hoisted them up.

We certainly don't want to pay for 6 kids and have them come back disappointed because they were paddling around in a playland they could get out of the water to enjoy.

You don't mention how old your grandchildren are, nor their size.

I am 4'11 inches tall, and in very good physical condition. I may not be as 'nimble' and 'flexible' as a child, but still in very good physical shape. I have good upper body strength, since I work out in a gym 3 times a week. I did the water park a few years ago on Labadee, and it wasn't that easy for me to get on some of the inflatables. I did, but it was still challenging at times. It was easy to get off, since I could just jump into the water.

The six grandchildren range in ages between 6 and 12, so the park is going to have a lot of appeal for them. I just have my doubts about their success at climbing the structures. The one structure had a firm ladder ... and that worked for me. The rope ladder was a bust because as soon as I put any weight on it, the thing slipped under the structure and I couldn't get enough leverage.

The six grandchildren range in ages between 6 and 12, so the park is going to have a lot of appeal for them. I just have my doubts about their success at climbing the structures. The one structure had a firm ladder ... and that worked for me. The rope ladder was a bust because as soon as I put any weight on it, the thing slipped under the structure and I couldn't get enough leverage.

When I was there, it seemed as if some kids had a much easier time than I did. But they were probably closer in age to the 12 year old age. A 6 year old, I would worry about....but that is just my opinion.

We just returned from Labadee a few weeks ago with our 9 year old DD. She is very strong and we always say we think she is part monkey - climbs everything. I'm glad my husband booked just to assist her onto the floats. She got really frustrated trying to get on some of them. Most of the kids had adults "boosting" them up. One boy - probably 7 or 8 was crying and quit because he just couldn't get up himself.