Amadee island - New Caledonia

Esilef

I did this shore excursion with DH and DS and friends in 2010. The island is a lovely place to snorkel or just relax on the beach. We had a buffet lunch with local dishes which was very tasty. While we were eating they put on a show. There was a little store there but it didn't open till later in the afternoon. You did need French Francs to buy anything. It was more of a place to buy souvenirs. There is a lighthouse you can climb near the pier You could also see turtles swimming nearby. I hope you enjoy your time on the island.

I did this tour independently while in Noumea on a weeks holiday. It was all inclusive of buffet lunch, beer, wine & soft drinks but not sure if the ships tour is exactly the same. We snorkelled & swam most of the day, lunch included a show, then went for a walk after lunch & climbed the stairs to top of lighthouse for great photo opportunity. It's a beautiful island to spend a relaxing day. In Noumea they only accept Pacific Francs.

We did this last month.

Amedee Island is picture postcard beautiful.

Snorkelling is great. Crystal clear water and lots of fish. Take your own gear.

Do your snorkelling in the morning as the tide goes out after lunch - you can still snorkel but you just have to walk out further.

At midday, they serve a delicious buffet lunch, plenty of fresh food.

Bottles of french red wine on the table.

Lighthouse and small souvenir shop open after lunch.

Next to the souvenir shop is a small "bar" selling soft drinks, iced tea and beer.

You can also buy postcards & stamps to post in their small postbox (& our friends received them about a week later)

We paid for our souvenirs and drinks in pacific francs.

Climb to the top of the lighthouse is challenging but you get great photos of the surrounding reef.

In the afternoon, you can do a glass bottom boat tour (20mins) my teens loved this. We saw turtles and lots of fish.

You can also do a boat cruise out to the reef but we arrived 2hrs late into Noumea, so our time on the island did not allow us to do this.

For our first "port" on our first cruise, Amadee Island was a great day out.

Edited by aussielozzie18