Regal or Ruby

TaylorMace

We are planning our 5th cruise. We r looking at the Carribean for jan 2015. Only 2 ship choices. Ruby or regal. We have been on crown, ruby, star and Carribean. So we know what we would be getting if we choose ruby. What is the regal like? It appears to be older and smaller, but we are not ruling it out. We travel with another couple and our only requirements are connecting balconys and a dinner table for 4.

What would you choose and why?

We are planning our 5th cruise. We r looking at the Carribean for jan 2015. Only 2 ship choices. Ruby or regal. We have been on crown, ruby, star and Carribean. So we know what we would be getting if we choose ruby. What is the regal like? It appears to be older and smaller, but we are not ruling it out. We travel with another couple and our only requirements are connecting balconys and a dinner table for 4.

The Regal has not been launched yet....I think you are referring to the old one which has not been around for a while.

The new Regal will be like the new Royal but with a few changes.

Looks like there are more choices. Royal, Regal, Caribbean, Emerald and Ruby depending on the cruise you want. The Regal is in construction and won't be in service until later this year. The Regal is the sister ship to the Royal with some modifications based on feedback from cruisers. The balconies on the Regal are smaller than what you are used to. I am doing the Transatlantic on the Regal in October 2014. Personally I would do the Regal a new ship. Read the reviews on the Royal for some more information.

What is the regal like? It appears to be older and smaller, but we are not ruling it out.

The Maiden Voyage for Regal Princess isn't until May 20, 2014 in the Mediterranean. She will be a near duplicate of the current Royal Princess which entered service June 2013. These sister ships are a new class of ships and larger than Ruby Princess.

To get an idea of what she will look like you can take a look at these pictures I took on her last month:

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1961004

:D

I just guessed that since I had not heard of the ship, that it most be old. Also, I need to redo my search, I only saw the 2 ship choices. I did limit my search to 7 days out of Ft Lauderdale, maybe that is what is limiting us to 2 ships.

Thanks for the clarification. I've read mixed reviews about the Royal, but all in all it looks like a lot of fun and I'd like to try something a little bit differnt. Probably the hardest part would be the smaller balcony. We connect our balcony with our friends and all 4 hang out together. I'll have to do some reading to see how that would work on the Regal.