First time on NCL

lilone

Arrive early enough at the port to be onboard for a nice lunch in the Grand Pacific dining room (though staff will steer you to the buffet on deck 12).

You don't check your luggage; you will carry all of it on yourself.

Make sure you check out each deck forward to stern so you don't miss anything. Try to be outside somewhere for sailaway OR in the Spinnaker Lounge--forward deck 13.

Have lots of fun!!

My husband and I will be going on the Gem just for the one night CTN. I really would like any suggestions and/or advice for us. We have never taken a NCL cruise before. Thanks you.

I do not say this to be difficult, but share it to be helpful.

The very best think you can do for yourself is to scan through postings form the past week or so. You will find answers to questions you did not know you had.

Then come back and ask specifics. Folks here are very helpful.

The CTN cruises are very different especially in the winter when the outside space wont be utilized. The ship might be a bit crowded because everyone is trying to get everything in that one day. Its a party cruise so enjoy and remember you can buy all the liquor duty free that you want. I agree, walk the entire ship, the Gem is beautiful and try to keep an open mind and picture yourself sailing on her in the nice weather. My favorite place on earth is at the Great Outdoors, deck 12 aft, if you have a minute and its not too cold take a look, its beautiful while at sea. Enjoy!