Miami Hotel near beach/shopping

krkheffe

Anyone know of a good hotel pre-cruise near the beach in Miami and near shopping? We won't have a car and will possibly be there 2 nights pre-cruise and would like to be able to walk to the beach just for something to do and be able to walk around for soda, etc. and somewhere to eat.

Thanks...I have done a ton of research so have looked at a lot of places but wanted some input from people that have been there. Sometimes hard to tell if there is shopping and eating places around certain hotels.

Not wanting to go over $250/night...maybe my expectations are unreasonable? May just end up staying in FLL and shuttle to the port the day of the cruise. We have never been to Miami,

You will want to stay in Miami Beach/South Beach if you want beach. Plus this is the area you see on tv and movies. As opposed to the city of Miami.

Research the South Beach area as everything is walking distance. You don't say when you are staying so I can't comment what hotels are affordable for you at your budget.

Thanks for the replies. I do not have a hotel yet so unsure of where to stay. I was wondering if anyone had one or two they could recommend. I would like to be able to walk to everything....except the port of course. If we come in 2 days early, then walking to the beach or shope for something to do would be good.

Thanks again.

Thanks for the replies. I do not have a hotel yet so unsure of where to stay. I was wondering if anyone had one or two they could recommend. I would like to be able to walk to everything....except the port of course. If we come in 2 days early, then walking to the beach or shope for something to do would be good.

Thanks again.

Try the Courtyard Marriott South Beach (not Miami Beach), The South Seas, The Avalon.

We are staying at La Flora hotel in a few weeks. A not fancy but very affordable spot on 12th and Collins. Check it out on tripadvisor.com. We didn't want to break the bank for a five day stay in Feb.:eek: Close to beach as well as pretty much anything else we want to walk to. Not sure of your dates.

Edited by eandj

We are staying at La Flora hotel in a few weeks. A not fancy but very affordable spot on 12th and Collins. Check it out on tripadvisor.com. We didn't want to break the bank for a five day stay in Feb.:eek: Close to beach as well as pretty much anything else we want to walk to. Not sure of your dates.

That's such a perfect location. I've been by there a million times.

Edited by BlueHerons

Thanks for the suggestion. It looks nice but is booked for the nights we will be there...March 13-15.

That's such a perfect location. I've been by there a million times.

Thanks for the review. ;) We have walked by it a couple times but really didn't look into staying there till this post cruise trip. Under $200 was what we hoped for and found. We booked a while ago and yes it is sold out for much of the winter. We'll just head to the upscale hotels as "visitors" .:D