Square shaped Interiors in middle of Upper Deck?

Dixie24

I'm going to be booking the Triumph in my first interior cabin ever and noticed there are square shaped interiors located in the middle of the Upper Deck. I cannot find any pics or info of these and would love to know the layout of these rooms. Anyone ever stay in one of these rooms on Triumph or any other ship?

I've had one of those cabins.

When opening the cabin door the closets are on the exterior wall parallel to the hallway on the left. The bathroom is to the right of the cabin door. If you walk into the cabin but still with your back to the hallway the 2 twin beds are on the left and the vanity is on the right.

Lets see if this makes sense:

twin

twin

closet door bathroom

hall

Edited by okgirl

On the Conquest, mine was the opposite, but just as you described. It seemed larger to me, because of the way the room was laid out. There is no hallway into the room. A normal room you will walk into the room and there's a hall with the bathroom on one side & the closets on the other. In a square room, you walk straight into the room. Mine had the bathroom on the left, followed by the vanity. The closets were on the right, alongside the wall where the hall was. The bed was on the opposite wall side of the vanity (to my right). There was nothing on the wall straight ahead. There was a chair and maybe a small table. If I had to get another inside, I'd like this layout again. The hallway was VERY quiet, but we did have some noise where someone else's interior on the outside hall backed up to our room. There were kids in it. It wasn't bad, though. Wish I could find my pics. Have you tried looking at one of those sites that have cruise line rooms (hint) pictured?

Edited by cruzzza

On the Conquest, mine was the opposite, but just as you described. It seemed larger to me, because of the way the room was laid out. There is no hallway into the room. A normal room you will walk into the room and there's a hall with the bathroom on one side & the closets on the other. In a square room, you walk straight into the room. Mine had the bathroom on the left, followed by the vanity. The closets were on the right, alongside the wall where the hall was. The bed was on the opposite wall side of the vanity (to my right). There was nothing on the wall straight ahead. There was a chair and maybe a small table. If I had to get another inside, I'd like this layout again. The hallway was VERY quiet, but we did have some noise where someone else's interior on the outside hall backed up to our room. There were kids in it. It wasn't bad, though. Wish I could find my pics. Have you tried looking at one of those sites that have cruise line rooms (hint) pictured?

Thank you. I have never had an Interior before so trying to get most spacious feeling one I can find. I had looked on that website, but couldn't find pics of one of the square rooms until just now. Does seem a bit more spacious. It also alleviates the problem of using the closets while someone is coming in or out of the bathroom. Thanks again.

Thank you. I have never had an Interior before so trying to get most spacious feeling one I can find. I had looked on that website, but couldn't find pics of one of the square rooms until just now. Does seem a bit more spacious. It also alleviates the problem of using the closets while someone is coming in or out of the bathroom. Thanks again.

It was the one and only inside I've ever had. I was always scared to get one just from seeing them while walking down the hallways. It's probably not any more square footage, but I did feel like it didn't seem so enclosed - granted I've never been "inside" any of the regular insides, just seen them from the hall. They always look so tiny to me. It still seemed a tad claustrophobic because of no window, but if I had to do it again, I'd book the same layout. I wish they had square OV and balconies! It has been a while (2002) but I don't remember it being terrible having an inside. I've had quite a mix of unusual room configurations in my cruise history and although this would be at the bottom of my list, it's ONLY because it didn't have a sofa or window.

I've noticed these cabins on Deck 6.

You'll notice they're right along the axis of the keel.

I'm of the belief they are oddly positioned like this

due to their unique location re. rotation of the ship from any angle you might consider!

They are smack bang in the middle of the ship

* from top to bottom

* from side to side

* from end to end!

You should feel close to zero motion, even in the roughest of seas.

Edited by Aplmac

You should feel close to zero motion, even in the roughest of seas.

Lol! I had 6291 on the Conquest and we had a rough seas. The entire ship was rocking and rolling. We could definitely feel it. It was not normal, and maybe it was better in our room, but if the seas are rough enough, you'll feel it everywhere. The only other ride I've had that rough was on the Holiday!

Edited by cruzzza

I just got off the Conquest on Jan 5th and we had rooms 6299 and 6301 adjoining. They were fantastic!

In fact our group had the entire row of rooms down the hallway to 6307.

The rooms definitely have a larger feel to them and feel much more spacious. The bathrooms also feel larger, our entire party of 5 rooms all agreed that we loved these rooms.

My only complaint is that I could hear the bar below me until about 1 or 2 am in the morning most nights....not super loud, but still audible.

I would not hesitate for a minute....go for it....you will love these rooms.