Luggage Valet? CC point help?

coordinator23

We are going on an Alaskan cruise tour in July. I can't figure out how the cruise points are calculated (We are in a C2 cabin). I know how to do RCI points, but I can't figure out how to do X (and I have looked at the web site)

A member of our group will be leaving in Steward. Is there a luggage valet that goes to ANC? There plane goes out late that evening, but not late enough for the X excursions/drop-offs.

(sorry posted as a reply on another thread by mistake)

I am unable to answer your question about points other than to note that the new point system will be defined on the Captain's Club website as part of the Celebrity site. It is based on cabin class and length of cruise.

As for your friend, is the cruise not terminating in Seward? Since I don't know your itinerary, or ship, the only thing I can tell you is that there is no luggage valet at the pier in Seward. Most flights back to the lower 48 leave late at night and I do not understand why he/she could not take advantage of the cruise transfer. Another option would be a rental car from Seward to Anchorage. It's a two lane road but quite a lovely drive.

If you could provide more information about the itinerary, someone will respond.

There are some crucial questions that need to be addressed if this friend is leaving mid-itinerary without having landed in a foreign port.

We look forward to your follow up post.

The cruise ends in Seward. There is a ship-airport transfer, but if they go to the airport at 10 AM they will be stuck there with their luggage (earliest flight is 8:00ish). On Royal, we have used luggage valet to send our luggage on when in port (with a later flight). If they did this, they could catch a taxi from the airport and spend time in Anchorage without dragging luggage along. We have also used drop points to hold our luggage (such as Barrachina's in Puerto Rico) while we "killed" time before heading to the airport.

I see we get 5 points per cruise day, but do we get points for the land portion? I have Elite status (because we will be diamond plus after our upcoming Spring cruise), so for me this is more academic. It will make a difference for other people in our party who are "Gold" with RCI, hence no comparable level for them with X. They have cruised with HAL, Princess, Royal and Norwegian, so are not really newbees. Our first X cruise also.

You will earn points for the land portion also, based on your stateroom category.

According to their website, the airport offers luggage storage service but they do not have much information about it on line. They do have a number to call.

Here's the link to the airport.

http://dot.state.ak.us/anc/travelerInfo/passengerSrvcs.shtml

Mary Lou

You will earn points for the land portion also, based on your stateroom category.

According to their website, the airport offers luggage storage service but they do not have much information about it on line. They do have a number to call.

Here's the link to the airport.

http://dot.state.ak.us/anc/travelerInfo/passengerSrvcs.shtml

Mary Lou

Thank you for your help!:)