RCI or Carnival for Honeymoon?

Jiaim06

Hello Cruisers!

My fiancé and I have decided to do a cruise for our honeymoon in August 2014. Unfortunately we are very torn between RCI & Carnival. We went on our first cruise in 2012 on the Carnival Glory and we had a WONDERFUL time. We would like to try something new this time since it will be our honeymoon. We are strongly considering RCI - Jewel of the Seas - Southern Caribbean. Romance mixed with great fun is what we are looking for. What would be your suggestion for two 25yr old honeymooners embarking on their second cruise? Is there a huge difference between the two cruise lines?

Also...any suggestions on honeymoon packages to purchase or honeymoon ideas on a RCI cruise (Steakhouse? Couple massage?)

First of all congrats on your upcoming honeymoon. I would pick Royal over Carnival anyday for a honeymoon.

Really? That's great! I hope the Indy does that as well, because we will be celebrating our honeymoon on board in just a couple weeks and bottomless mimosas sound awesome! :-)

We really felt special :)

I was surprised to find that four couples had received the invite but only 2 couples showed up, I would have thought most people would have been happy to get a special celebration and meet other honeymooners but apparently not.

in 2011, we went on the Liberty for 7 nights for our honeymoon it was a blast. They had a welcome part for the honeymoners and you got to have cake and a picture of you cutting cake. It was a nice touch. and minmosas for free too

Good Morning OP and all!! I can relate to you so much, as we just went through this decision! Plus we are the same age! My fiancé and I are doing the southern Caribbean on jewel for our honeymoon this May. We chose Royal because of the different atmosphere. While I have been on Royal a number of times, as a couple we have only cruised Carnival. He loves Carnival, but agreed to try something different. I sailed on Jewel a few years ago and just loved the ship! It's such a beautiful ship and the itinerary was amazing! We are doing the Aruba/Curaçao route (my family is from Barbados, so we didn't choose that one). The excursions I have found so far great too! Zip lining in St Kitts and kayaking in Curaçao. You'll find plenty of adventure in the southern Caribbean!

We booked through a travel agent and they made a note of it in My Cruises, I assume you can do the same if you booked direct :)

Yup, I booked direct and whenever I call to ask a question they always congratulate me on my upcoming wedding!! Super nice touch!

We sailed Freedom of the Seas for our Honeymoon in December and it was the best decision we could have ever made. We got invited to a honeymooners reception, but since there were 54 honeymooning couples on board, it was just a nighttime thing with free champagne, mimosas, cake and chocolate covered strawberries with some raffles for some giveaways. Such fun though!

I have never been on RCCL, but am looking forward to trying them out in Nov. That being said I have sailed Carnival a number of times. I think the answer to your question all comes down to you and your fiance as people. What is important to you? The ship, the ports, the room, the food, the entertainment, etc. When we can't decide what to do we usually make a list of what each ship has to offer, and go from there. That usually helps. Good luck!

Carnival really doesn't have a poolside band or tablecloths in the dinning room? Wow! Guess that's why we are loyal to royal!

Just got off Carnival Liberty and it was wonderful. (We did have tablecloths in the dining room) also been on royal and also beautiful. Don't think you will go wrong either way :)

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

We sailed Carnival for our Honeymoon, and tried Carnival once more just last year. We will probably never sail Carnival again. Doesn't even compare to Royal Caribbean and the entertainment options, food, rooms, service, etc. RCI truly knows what they're doing for a fantastic vacation, while Carnival is just for boozing and party goers. (Just my opinion) Good luck in your decision and congratulations!