A little review of the Dream 1/4/14 - 1/11/14 Western

All 7 of us, had a great time! We are a family of 5 and we took my 75 year old Dad with us and my Aunt of 70 (his sister) on the trip. I just want to say a few things:

~ Beautiful ship.

~ Never felt crowded. I did avoid the peak times for lunch.

~ Ate breakfast and dinner in the MDR. Only (1) complaint: my aunts pork chop was dry. To me a silly, complaint. Everything else was good. The dining staff was the best we have had in 6 cruises.

~We did the Chef's Table. What can I say: Awesome!!!! Chef Allen and his team were fabulous! Would highly recommend and would do again.

~ We enjoyed the band, Black Jack. They were great. We went to most shows, they were entertaining. We won playing bingo! Woohoo! $375.

~ Cozumel we did some shopping. Weather was iffy. Costa Maya we went on a Rhino Jeep excursion thru carnival. Its was a lot of fun!

~ We missed 2 ports due to high winds and rain. The weather was terrible but we made the best of it. Great family time! Lots of laughs.

~ Never smelt anything out of the ordinary.

~ I will admit as beautiful as she was, our family likes the Conquest Class better. No real reason just our opinion. Not to say we wouldn't sail her again because we would.

Can wait to cruise again. Already searching….

~Sweet~

Please please please tell me you have copies or pictures of the fun times. I'm dying to see them!

I'd love to hear more about your cruise! We are heading out the Dream in June and I'm the type that starts getting excited the day we book and simply can't read enough or hear enough.

So, can you tell me about the cruise director, and shoot.....just everything! Please share more!

Thanks!

Please please please tell me you have copies or pictures of the fun times. I'm dying to see them!

I'd love to hear more about your cruise! We are heading out the Dream in June and I'm the type that starts getting excited the day we book and simply can't read enough or hear enough.

So, can you tell me about the cruise director, and shoot.....just everything! Please share more!

Thanks!

I'm sorry I didn't keep the fun times. I really didn't interact with the cruise director. His name is James. One of his assistants Alex from Minnesota is hilarious! He's so much fun.

As I said, we really had bad weather. The fun times were changes twice. They did a great job trying to keep everyone busy.

Ask me some questions if you like, I will try to answer. You will have a great time!

~Sweet~

You had James? On the Dream? A friend of ours just came off the Magic the same dates as you on the Dream and the cruise director there is James as well. Sister ships...what a coincidence? They went out of Galveston and had rough waters as well.

Questions - Hmm....what was your favorite show? How about evening deck parties? Which of those were your favorite? Our first cruise, we did a lot of stuff, but not as much as I had hoped we would. This time, we are going to try to do even more, so I just wondered if they had anything that you thought was so amazingly cool that no one should ever miss it!! :) Sorry that I don't have specific questions off hand!

We were on that cruise too. I skipped the first deck party, since it was cold and yucky out, but went to the second. We had been cooped up inside the ship, so the deck party was pretty wild.

They kept closing some of the outside decks, hot tubs and swimming pools. Cancelled a couple of shows. Second 2 comedians never made it to the ship.

Piano Bar guy Bob was fantastic! We had to miss Belize and Roatan, where we had very elaborate plans for excursions. Rained in both Cozumel and Costa Maya. Still a fun cruise.

We skipped the deck parties because of the weather. Some shows were cancelled as Colorado Kat said. My favorite was the Street one (can't remember the name) Some crazy dancing. I like that kind of stuff, some may not. We saw the comedian the first night. Get there early!! Matter of fact get to all the shows early. They fill up fast!!

I think that the only reason that this sailing felt more crowded than our previous Dream sailing was due to the weather. We all had a lot less sunshine time to get out and about. I didn't even try to find seating outside ! We did attend both of the deck parties which were a lot of fun. I did hate waiting on line for pizza, but eh' its not a deal breaker for me. We only ate at the buffet once? all week so I can't comment on lines there. I stay away from buffets because I can't stand to wait in line for food :o It just makes me grumpy and not hungry anymore. I wish carnival did their buffet like the other lines with the square stations that you just pop in and out and grab what you need rather than doing "the shuffle".

I agree that Alex was pretty fun. Our wait staff ( Oswaldo and Webert) were AMAZING. Both were very prompt, accurate , friendly and entertaining. My 7yo ordered pizza on formal night :rolleyes: and Oswaldo cut it up for him to eat with a fork without anyone asking. What a thoughtful idea....and it kept the tux clean. Webert was so fun with our group of 21 people. He also had a serious talk with my 7yo when he stated that he wanted to work on a cruise ship. The other staff member who "made" our cruise was Victoria Santos - the karaoke hostess.