Why I am a Loyal Royal

TigerLady

A few weeks ago, my oldest son found some errors on his Crown and Anchor profile. He got them corrected, but in doing so , "lost" his previously attained C&A tier benefits. He told me about what had happened. I couldn't figure out why they were treating one child differently than the other.

I chatted online with customer service from the Crown and Anchor Society number. After an hour, I was more frustrated and very disillusioned with the "loyalty" program, including thoughts about cancelling my upcoming cruises and trying a new line. After a few deep breaths, I composed an email to Adam Goldstein explaining the situation and the bitter taste left in my mouth with my dealings with customer service. I was polite and to the point. I sent it off, and thought nothing more about it. I at least felt better getting my grievances off my chest.

Fast forward to today. While speaking with another one of my sons, over to visit, my phone rings, with an unfamiliar number. I normally don't answer, but did today..

On the other end of the line was Adam Goldstein's office, with one of his

assistants, Natasha. I was in shock, as it took me aback. It was very unexpected. She explained that she had done some research into the matter. She explained what had happened, and was going to rectify the situation. Needless to say, I was speechless.

As an avid cruiser, it pleases me to know, that your praises and complaints are being taken seriously, and that the customer truly matters to the cruise line.. I have tried other lines, but I always come back to Royal Caribbean.

After today, I will not sail with any other company. They have earned my business, and loyalty.

Thank you Royal Caribbean, Adam Goldstein, and last but not least Natasha. You made this cruiser happy and no longer regretting booking my 50th birthday B2B.

The moral I am getting at is this, if you have a complaint, praise, question, don't gripe about it on here, DO something about it. They are listening, and are willing to help.

I hope everyone has a blessed day!!

That's awesome customer service!

My husband used to work for Royal Caribbean and I know they read all of the guest questionnaires. He would receive the comments (good or bad) that pertained to his area (outside area where people get dropped off - also took care of all wheelchair assistance onto the ships). He would have to look into and respond to any problems described by the guests.

It's great that you got it fixed, but it really shouldn't have to escalate to that level. The people answering the phones need to be empowered to fix issue, or escalate them internally.

I agree. I went through the "proper channels" I thought. No one was really "listening" to what I was saying. I had my evidence, pointed out the error, it seemed like no one wanted to take the time necessary to truly look into it and fix it.

I was very frustrated when I sent the email. I figured nothing ventured, nothing lost. Keep going up the chain of command until someone listens. I believe in fighting for what I think is right. Got that from the military I guess. I am glad it is resolved. My son will be glad when I tell him, and his wife was was happy.

We are all excited to reunite for or cruises this December.