What is your onboard spend at the end of a 7 nighter?

Xcitdcruiser

I am a HAL cruiser doing my first Celebrity in October, then another in February. Are you sure they wont refund pre-purchased OBC if you don't use it all, HAL does. This is just another thing I am finding really strange about Celebrity, their customer relations 'suck'.

After all if you pre-purchase OBC, it is your money, not something Celebrity has given you, nor is it given by your TA, you paid for it. I'm glad you have mentioned this because I love to stock up on pre-purchased OBC so that I get a negative balance at the end of my cruise.

Things that annoy me so far about Celebrity:

• Wait ages and ages to speak to their Call Centre
  • Don't automatically honour price drops that occur while still in the 'promo' period
  • Had to fight tooth and nail to get the price drop, finally stating categorically I will cancel my cruises
  • Then to be told, we will do it this time, but don't ask again and don't try cancelling and rebooking the same cruise because that won't work either, they keep track of these details.

There just seems to be a general lack of the care factor. Hopefully once on board it will be different. Sorry to rant, this just got me as another niggle, which are slowly mounting up.

Wow - sounds like you are really mad at Celebrity. I am not sure of the rules in Australia, but for US cruisers they definitely will honor price drops if prior to final payment. No, it is not "automatic" (I think they would be really stupid to do that) but if you call and ask then they will do it. If you booked through a travel agent, they do require that you handle those things through the travel agent and not Celebrity directly. Perhaps this is why they were saying they would only do it that once?? If by "price drop" you mean a new promotion came out and it applies to new bookings only then that is different, although from what I have read on these boards most people have had success canceling and rebooking under those circumstances. If the price drop is after final payment, they will not honor it per se, but often you can upgrade to a higher cabin level if the pricing is better as long as it costs a bit more $$.

I can assure you that onboard Celebrity treats all its guests wonderfully so there is no need to worry about that. Their customer service reps do tend to run from completely uninformed to very helpful. Sometimes it helps to call back if you don't like the first answer. If you are a Captains Club member (you can join pre-cruise) then it often works better to call their Captains Club number directly rather than the general call center. I am not familiar with Australia rules if any, that may differ from the US, so can only speak from a US perspective.

Unless the rules in Australia are different from the US, any unused pre purchased on board credit is refunded back to the credit card at the end of the cruise.

Mary Lou

Would they refund it to the card on file for the on-board account, or to the card that it was purchased with?

Bistro on 5 is $5 per person

If you decide on a specialty, that will be $60 to $80 for the 2 of you

An exercise class is approx $12.50

There is a spa brochure on celebrity with prices - don;t forget they add 15% on top automatically in the spa

I have to say that with the drinks package in and no excursions I think we are lucky to hit $200