Where to find Last Minute Deals?

Time2GetAway

We are looking at possible a last minute cruise in March. Unfortunately we have to wait to decide as my Mom is going through Chemo & we were told in the fall she may only have a year to live :( so we want to make the best out of the time we have left with her!!! They will decide by mid February if she will have more Chemo or take a break. And we want to see how she is feeling as well by then.

Where is the best place to look or do you just keep going to each of the cruise sites individually?

Also wanted to clarify the passport rules..... Its my understanding that as long as you port & leave the US & return to the US you do not HAVE to have a passport (Caribbean cruise). (The only issue is if you need to get off the ship & fly back home for some reason you could not if you did not have a passport) We are looking at porting at Belize or the St. Islands & Cozumel, etc.

Thanks for your help!!:)

While we are not allowed to mention specific cruise travel agents just hit the tab "Deals" at the top of this page and you will find lots. Don't think that will get me in hot water. There are also plenty of online sites that have last minute stuff. Google something like "last minute cruises.

As to the passport stuff for a US citizen I think you might have to leave and return from/to the same US port for the cruise to be considered closed loop and exempt from the passport regulations. One of your country mates should be able to jump in here and clarify the situation if I have given you a bum steer.

Enjoy the trip.

As long as your cruise is a closed loop...Starts and leaves in the same US port, you are good to go with just an official birth certificate and photo ID. For last minute deals, the best thing to do is go to the websites of all of the lines that interest you and sign up for their email notifications of deals. Most of the lines have great ones nor for a month or so down the road. EM

When I am looking for last minute deals I check any number of the popular travel websites that offer cruises. I don't necessarily book through them but it allows me to search and see what may have dropped in price.

March unfortunately is a busy month with March break and those of us who live up North wanting to get away for some warmth so you may not see a whole lot of deals. That being said, final payment date has passed for most cruises and now would be as good a time as any to keep your eyes open.

One site we can list is the Celebrity cruise Exciting Deals page. It lists some limited sale prices. It usually gets updated on Fri/Sat with the sale being offered on the Tues/Wed. http://www.creative.rccl.com/Sales/Exciting_Deals/XcitingDeals_cel_tues.pdf