Can't find my reservations

lilith1155

I am happy to hear that the original post has been satisfied. I would however stress that it is important that you be able to see your reservation. One time it came time for final payment and I had no reservation. My travel agent took my booking deposit and used it to make payroll. Things worked out but we did not get the room we really wanted.

Is that legal? Anyone know? Doesn't sound right to me. Sorry you did not get your original room choice.

Is that legal?

I'm not an attorney...but I think it is fair to say that using a client's booking deposit to make payroll rather than forwarding it to the cruise line as the reservation deposit is NOT legal. :eek:

Diverting client deposits and payments sounds familiar to a couple of failed TAs that have been discussed here before over the years. I know the agent/agencies we deal with only transfer our credit card information to the cruise line....the charges always come through as done by HAL or whatever line not XYZ travel agency....but then again that might only be as good as the last cruise and no guarantee they won't mishandle, maybe legally or illegally, the next time. I think if we ever had a TA "launder" our payments through their own accounts we'd run for the exit and it would be the last time we dealt with them.

Is that legal? Anyone know? Doesn't sound right to me. Sorry you did not get your original room choice.

It wasn't in my state when it happened to me.

It was way back in '86. We had deposited and eventually made final payment on a cruise. The documents never came. We called, and called again, but the TA always had some plausible story. Finally, we were told it was going to be "pier pick-up", which did happen. We took our cruise uneventfully.

Turns out we were near the tail end of a TA going out of business because she wasn't making enough money. She was using the deposit money from today's clients to pay the bills for those who were nearer to travel. We made it just in time, as she was closed, and charged, shortly thereafter.

This is one solid reason why posters here always advise to be sure that your payments go to the cruiseline, and not to the TA for forwarding.