Singles cruise - retired age

cpayne

My grandma is 75, but 55 in heart and energy! She and another single friend are looking to take a cruise and have expressed an interest in a singles cruise. I'm fearful that the typical singles cruise will be geared towards a younger crowd. Does anyone know if there are singles cruises for a more mature audience?

Thanks.

My grandma is 75, but 55 in heart and energy! She and another single friend are looking to take a cruise and have expressed an interest in a singles cruise. I'm fearful that the typical singles cruise will be geared towards a younger crowd. Does anyone know if there are singles cruises for a more mature audience?

Thanks.

\

My mom is 73 and loves to cruise with her family or with her friends.

IMHO, your grandma should make her choice based on the ship and line that appeals to her tastes as I do not think any singles sailing is going to be geared for her age group.

There are lots of Seniors on Alaska sailings so this would be a good bet if she is concerned about people her own age.

For warm weather, I would suggest HAL or Celebrity. If she is a bit more casual and wants more activities to choose from, I would say RCI or Priness would be a good choice.

• 3 weeks later...

Why not suggest to your mother to consider a Cruise Critic group cruise. We have a Cruise Critic group cruise on the Caribbean Princess sailing August 19, 2006 and would love to have such active mature women to join our group! :)

The group cruise would give them the advantage of group pricing and amenities and also a group of other folks they can meet ahead of time online and also do activities with on the ship. We are going to have a sailaway part and a meet and mingle. Also we will have other activities depending on what the group wants. There will also probably be an opportunity to share shore exursions or go on shore excursions with others in the group.

Even though she would be part of the group cruise, your Mom and her friend can do as much or as little as they want with the group. The Caribbean Princess is a great ship, with lots of activities like trivia and games, a fantastic Lotus Spa, and a card room to join others for bridge and other games. There is also Movies Under the Stars, hot tubs and swimming pools, and many lounges and bars. The piano bar has Bert Stratton, who is fantastic!!

This is an Eastern Caribbean itinerary, with St. Thomas, St. Martin and Princess Cay as the ports. Ordinarily the only tender port is Princess Cay, so that is also an advantage. These beautiful islands also offer lots of activities or you can just relax on the beach.

Email me or post on the group message forum if you need any additional information. Just click on the links below.

Archived