San Juan as port of call

NicoleAbbate

I am thinking about taking a 12 day cruise 3/06 from New york on the Celebrity Constellation and one of the ports is San Juan I am wondering if anyone has been to this port and can offer any good advice.

Also how safe is this port?

Any other info about this or if anyone is going on this cruise and has any input or if anyone has been on a similar cruise let me know thanks

I love San Juan. I'm not sure where the Constellation docks but if it's right downtown you can ride the free trolley all around OSJ. There are 2 forts that you should see El Morro and San Cristobal. They have open market areas down by the pier and in town open market areas. Also enjoy the restaurants downtown. Now if you down at the Pan American Pier you'll have to take a taxi into OSJ.

Safety - I've never felt uncomfortable but like any foreign country always be careful.

Enjoy Debbie

For us San Juan was a port of embarcation/debarcation but we very much enjoyed our time there. Old San Juan is a very nice area to walk around and Fort El Morro was very interesting to visit. I would be happy to be on a cruise that has San Juan as a port of call. And I agree, nothing about the place felt at all unsafe.

• 3 weeks later...

We have been to San Juan a few times, and generally stayed in the Old town area. This time we are making it a port of call, and would like to tour the (not too distant) countryside. Any suggestions on particular spots to have a guide make part of a private tour?

Archived