Current Carribean Princess passengers - please help

PUGSLEYTAZ

I am on the next sailing and have just been notified as you were that our sailing will be delayed for ship sanitization. I know your itinerary was altered and Cozumel was later. Can you tell me - was it two sea days, then Roatan and Belize on the normal schedule? Then Cozumel and then one sea day - so effectilvey just swapping a sea day and the Cozumel port? Or were all port dates altered?

How was embarkation? We are arriving on a flight around 9:30 AM at IAH and can't really alter how eary we get to the port.

Any advice would be helpful.

I hope you are all having a great cruise and washing your hands frequently!

Thanks

progress.gif

I am on the next sailing and have just been notified as you were that our sailing will be delayed for ship sanitization. I know your itinerary was altered and Cozumel was later. Can you tell me - was it two sea days, then Roatan and Belize on the normal schedule? Then Cozumel and then one sea day - so effectilvey just swapping a sea day and the Cozumel port? Or were all port dates altered?

How was embarkation? We are arriving on a flight around 9:30 AM at IAH and can't really alter how eary we get to the port.

Any advice would be helpful.

I hope you are all having a great cruise and washing your hands frequently!

Thanks

progress.gif

What is the new suggested arrival time for your embarkation?

Is not likely to cause you to miss a port. Your stay may be shortened at the woerst case. Very seldom do cruise ships sail at full speed. It costs to much. Just like your car there is an optimum speed for effeciency and fuel consumption. Over that speed, and yes you get there faster but the cost of the extra fuel doesn't justify the means. If the Capt has to push it a bit to keep the schedule he will. This was very well explained to me by an Italian Chief Engineer on the Golden Princess a few years back who told me that for that ship 88% was the optimum. Don't know if you saw the one hour tv show on the inaugrial sailing of the Oasis but the Capt faced the same delema and again explained that although it was going to cost the company in fuel he would keep his schedule. The ship was delayed in port because a couple of "special passengers" were very late getting back and they wern't being left behind like you and I would have been. Don't sweat it.

The last cruise due to fog did not reach Bayport until about 11:20 AM.

Passengers were still disembarking around 2 PM.

Boarding started around 5 PM. Those waiting had the option of being bussed to the nearby Kemah Boardwalk entertainment complex until they could board.

The ship did not depart until around 11 PM.

No port was missed, but the order of the cruise was:

2 sea days

Roatan

Belize

Cozumel

1 sea day

(This by the way is the itinerary order listed in the Cruise Atlas)

No port was missed, but the order of the cruise was:

2 sea days

Roatan

Belize

Cozumel

1 sea day

(This by the way is the itinerary order listed in the Cruise Atlas)

This was the original itinerary posted when this cruise was due to sail from Galveston. When it changed to Houston the order was changed to its current one.

This was the original itinerary posted when this cruise was due to sail from Galveston. When it changed to Houston the order was changed to its current one.

The 2014-2015 Cruise Atlas map shows that itinerary and says Houston. The actual itinerary changed, the printed material did not except for saying Houston.