What's good to eat at tropic ante?

wantocruisemore

Looked at menu online. DH was a little disappointed in selection so I told him I would ask here what people thought of the food. What are some of the favorite dishes?

Unfortunately we have a short day there so looking for things not too heavy. And we want to go out snorkeling too.

Iguana eggs!:D:eek: They're roasted jalapenos stuffed with cheese and chicken.

The fish or shrimp tacos and the ceviche are good. If you're up to trying something a little more meal like go for molcajete jalisco chicken or steak with grilled onions and peppers. The jambalaya has a nice south of the border kick to it.

His chocolate brownie sundaes have cajeta and coconut cream on top.

Skip the Corona and Pacifico and try a Leon or Montejo brew instead.

We thought they had excellent menu choices for a Mexican beach grill - did we see the same menu? :p.

http://www.sandalsandskis.com/Menu.html

You'll find many reviews here on favorite dishes by searching too. Steve's restaurant is #1 on TA. We're also on the short Dream stop and planning on enjoying his place for a bit. 10,000 fellow cruisers in port with us! :eek:

Thanks, we saw the same menu. DH is allergic to seafood, does not like jalapeños. I thought it looked fine.

Vegetarian daughter is not too thrilled either. At least it is a short day so if they do not like choices they can eat on ship.

I like the idea of fish or shrimp tacos but I don't like things fried too hard. Would I be safe with that? No ceviche for me, I learned the hard way not to eat undercooked seafood.

Yes I can see the menu doesn't do alot for your DH and daughter, sorry. I wonder if anyone can tell us if they may have other items/dishes not listed that may help you? Or you could e-mail Steve with your concerns, he's helped other folks with dietary restrictions I know, maybe he can whip up some other choices for you?

Thanks, we saw the same menu. DH is allergic to seafood, does not like jalapeños. I thought it looked fine.

Vegetarian daughter is not too thrilled either. At least it is a short day so if they do not like choices they can eat on ship.

I like the idea of fish or shrimp tacos but I don't like things fried too hard. Would I be safe with that? No ceviche for me, I learned the hard way not to eat undercooked seafood.

Tough crowd to please! Email Steve, I am sure there are some places that do vegan, maybe Steve can hook your husband and daughter up with a vegan pizza and you can have some fish tacos?

Oh yea, we're a riot at restaurants. Other DD has to have gluten free but I've already received an email from Steve that he can accommodate that. I'm thinking the others can just wing it since it's a short day. Me, my only thing is allergic to mushrooms, same as the vegetarian DD.

At the Hotel Matan Ka'an on Huachinango, one block off the malecon has a restaurant that has vegetarian dishes. Not sure about how close to vegan they are. They are toward the south end of the malecon just before 40 Canones. So go south to 40 Canones and take the alley right before there one block inland and look for the larger white building on the corner with the multi-level palapa roofing. The beach club Coco-Corona ,north of Tropicante supposedly offers some vegetarian offers. Your family can easily wander off from Tropicante and visit these places.

At the Hotel Matan Ka'an on Huachinango, one block off the malecon has a restaurant that has vegetarian dishes. Not sure about how close to vegan they are. They are toward the south end of the malecon just before 40 Canones. So go south to 40 Canones and take the alley right before there one block inland and look for the larger white building on the corner with the multi-level palapa roofing. The beach club Coco-Corona ,north of Tropicante supposedly offers some vegetarian offers. Your family can easily wander off from Tropicante and visit these places.

Thanks for the suggestion!!! That is a real plan.

• 2 weeks later...