Lifeboat Drills In The Cold

Artemus

We were on the Splendor 1/4 sailing - when we left our house in Massachusetts it was 15 below - I'm sure it was less than 20 degrees when they did the safety briefing and it was outside. It was only our 2nd cruise (our first was in August) but it did seem much quicker. I know once the were done with the briefing, even though they were releasing people section by section, they looked through the crowds and released anyone "vulnerable" looking such as elderly and babies.

I'm leaving on the Carnival Pride in 10 days. Do they do the lifeboat drills outside in the cold? Thank you in advance.

have you joined our roll call yet? we have quite a big group over there your welcome to come over and chat. . we are going to try and have a meet and greet just haven't made all the plans yet. And yes i've heard they are done outside so bring warm clothes.

can the ship go down in freezing cold waters? answer is the same

??? many cruise lines have lifeboat drills inside.

To the OP, yes it's outside. It doesn't last long and everyone is squished like sardines. Go early and stand right to the back and you won't even need a jacket.

??? many cruise lines have lifeboat drills inside.

To the OP, yes it's outside. It doesn't last long and everyone is squished like sardines. Go early and stand right to the back and you won't even need a jacket.

4 cruises I've always been outside by the boats

I'm leaving on the Carnival Pride in 10 days. Do they do the lifeboat drills outside in the cold? Thank you in advance.

Sadly yes. It is not Carnivals idea either.

As directed by the USCG. Ships do the muster in different locations depending on the class, age and design.

We left NYC last March on the Miracle for a trip through the Panama Canal. Our muster drill was held outside, it was snowing and the very cold. When it was announced, they told us to dress warmly. I have had muster drills inside in hot climates so I was puzzled at the need for us to stand outside in the snow. It didn't last too long but it was an experience!

We left NYC last March on the Miracle for a trip through the Panama Canal. Our muster drill was held outside, it was snowing and the very cold. When it was announced, they told us to dress warmly. I have had muster drills inside in hot climates so I was puzzled at the need for us to stand outside in the snow. It didn't last too long but it was an experience!

Sure they will speed it up due to the temps.

4 cruises I've always been outside by the boats

Consider yourself lucky (or unlucky), we've had several cruises where we have been in various lounges for muster drill. They certainly aren't all conducted out by the lifeboats. Depends on the ship.

I was there too !

Brrrr...making a snowman on Lido before sailaway was the greatest fun though.

OP - Just go prepared for the temp and as someone else said, if you are at the back, everyone else's body heat should keep you warm. :D

Have a great cruise.

I like the back because i can lean against the ship(bad back) but now I will do it for warmth too. Several years ago, on the fascination we had our muster on sea day as we were so LATE getting out of port, but guess what, the Concordia sank two weeks later and ever since then musters have been on the day you sail, before your ship moves. Be there on time everyone,a nd then they dont last so long. Make it something magical, like the ship doesn't move unless you do this.:) You have the power!:D

The Lifeboat drills on Carnival ships are

Fantasy class (Fantasy, Ecstasy, Sensation, Fascination, Imagination, Inspiration, Elation, Paradise) Is in your muster station inside the ship one station is on Lido deck. After you meet at your station and listen to the briefing you will go outside to the lifeboats

Spirit class (Spirit, Pride, Legend, Miracle) Muster stations are outside by the lifeboats.

Conquest class (Conquest, Valor, Freedom, Liberty, Glory) Muster stations are outside by the lifeboats.

Triumph/Destiny class (Triumph, Victory) Muster stations are outside by the lifeboats.

Sunshine muster stations are outside by the lifeboats. One station is in the Liquid Lounge.

Splendor muster stations are outside by the lifeboats.

Dream class (Dream, Magic and Breeze) Muster stations are inside the ship. You do not go up to the lifeboats.