Can I get EVOO?

timberlysmom

I get odd looks sometimes when I go to a restaurant and ask for no dressing on my salad, but ask instead for some lemon wedges and Extra Virgin Olive Oil. Some places only have canola or vegetable oil - which is ok, I guess, but not nearly as tasty. Has anyone asked for and gotten EVOO on a carnival ship, or should I carry my own?

I get odd looks sometimes when I go to a restaurant and ask for no dressing on my salad, but ask instead for some lemon wedges and Extra Virgin Olive Oil. Some places only have canola or vegetable oil - which is ok, I guess, but not nearly as tasty. Has anyone asked for and gotten EVOO on a carnival ship, or should I carry my own?

I've seen oil and vinegar at the condiments area at the buffet. I don't know that any of us would know whether the oil is EVOO though. You might want to carry your own if it is essential for you.

Although regular olive oil has been around nearly forever, I don't know how long EVOO has been on the market. I'd guess that Carnival (just like all of the other cruise lines) buys their olive oil, salad dressings, etc. in large quantities. I also know that there is a price difference between regular olive oil and the extra virgin olive oil. It could be that, because of the price difference, it may not be cost effective for Carnival to purchase the EVOO. And it could also be that there is not enough of a customer demand for Carnival to purchase it. As winddawn suggested, if it's important to you, you may want to bring your own. Just make sure you pack it in such a way that it doesn't leak inside of your luggage. You wouldn't want your clothing or suitcase to smell like a salad bowl.:eek:

we ask for this all the time for bread in the MDR instead of using butter. I prefer EVOO and some salt&pepper on the bread. We confirmed with the head chef that the oil in the oil/vinegar thing we request is EVOO and not just regular olive oil. It's light in flavor but pretty good.

I like it too..and especially memories of my niece when small playing the "Cooking channel chef" and explaining at her kiddie kitchen about EVOO and EV Chocolate milk always being better!!

Have a great cruise!!