Best cellulite reduction in two week perioid??

jamieann77

I know I should have started long ago and I'm NOT looking for any miracles. But what it the best method for slimming and, more importantly, reducing/smoothing cellulite?? I know how to lose a few pounds by then, but that won't get rid of the cellulite! And without spending more than say $300 or so. Less would be great. :)

I'm not terribly overweight... I'm just really out of shape and have major cellulite, mostly in my hips and thighs of course. My pale skin doesn't help. I'll be getting an airbrush tan the day before the cruise.

Thanks!!

Jamie

There is nothing that will even begin to change the appearance of cellulite that quickly in that price range. There are some firming lotions which can help, but typically don't even begin to show results for at least 30 days. You can't spot reduce fat. My best suggestion would be to hit the gym hard and work on butt busting/thigh exercises to build as much muscle as possible--although again, it's not even going to begin to show results in only two weeks. The best bet is to choose clothing wisely.

Two exercises to use...

Squats with weights either in a bar behind your shoulders or with dumbbells. A great total body conditioner is the hold the dumbbells fists facing out at shoulder height and squat. As you come back up, straighten arms into the air. I do not suggest using a bar without a spotter, and the bar would remain in your shoulders, not go into the air.

Use a resistance band around the thighs just above the knee. Lie on your back and open--holding for 10 seconds-- and close legs, working the inner thighs. Do five reps of 10. Use a band around the ankles, lie on your side and lift the top leg, first on one side, than the other. You will feel that in your hips, IT band, and quads. Do five reps of 10 on each side.

Hips are generally part of core work. Planks,,planks, and more planks. Also haybalers with a medicine ball. Get into a high lunge and bring the ball from behind with the extended leg up into the air over the flexed leg, keeping arms straight. Go back and forth on a flowing motion. I use 20 pounds, if you aren't in shape, start with 5-10. Do 20 on each side.

Depending on your physical condition, it would probably be worth hiring a trainer for a few sessions to make sure you are using proper form and not injuring yourself. Most trainers cost $25-75 per hour, depending in your area. Make sure they are certified and insured!

Autocorrect responsible for most typos...

Thanks for all your advice! I know hitting the gym is best and I'm going to try that. :) Problem is that when I do even a minimum workout I usually can't walk for several days and can't get back into it. :( I know.. excuses, excuses... LOL. I'm going to use some firming lotion I have and the airbrush tan will help mask some of it too. :) And I don't plan to be in a little bikini or anything. Lots of cover-ups!

Something is seriously wrong if you are in pain for several days after a workout. You either need a personal trainer to make sure your form is proper (over half of people without a trainer are not using proper form) or a physical therapist to address muscular and skeletal issues that you might not even know you have--and even your doctor might not detect. Or both.

Autocorrect responsible for most typos...

Like everyone has mentioned, train with weights and do cardio. Nutrition wise, do not eat any fried foods, salty foods, or drink alcohol. Protein- Eat lean meats, chicken, fish, and eggs. Carbs- Oatmeal, sweet potatoes, brown rice, whole wheat bread(no butter) Fats-Virgin Olive Oil, Pam cooking spray, Natural Peanut butter. Drink lots of water.