Updates To Dry-Dock Schedule

thecruiserofships

Does Carnival ever announce which ship (if any) will cover for another when it is in dry dock? That would be nice to know ahead of time.

Typically ships do not cover for other ships. If a ship is going to have a dry-dock the dates for being out of service will not be open to be booked. There are a few cases of bookings for particular dates being cancelled because of dry-dock extension, but for the most part the dates for a dry-dock are blocked off from booking in advance.

Carnival announces a dry-dock and changes there mind a lot. Dates will fluctuate and change a lot.

WooHoo! We booked The Pride out of Tampa for November 2014 because we have already sailed the Dream out of Port Canaveral twice. Tampa/PC are about the same distance from us. Now we find we are on her 2 weeks after dry dock....go us!! Hope all the paint is dry! LOL

Still see a gap in the Valor schedule from July 27 through Aug 3rd. A second gap in November 30 - Dec 7. Could they be doing the dry-dock in phases? No gaps in 2015 schedule :confused:

Not likely. Two weeks is probably the minimum time frame.

For Carnival it is smart not to release much in advance. I am thankful they share dates on their websites for all to know!

Thank you for the compliment!

I loved your web site. thanks for taking the time to do this. I loved the pics of the Glory. We sailed three times on her when she was in P. Canaveral. I loved that ship. She still looks good!

Still see a gap in the Valor schedule from July 27 through Aug 3rd. A second gap in November 30 - Dec 7. Could they be doing the dry-dock in phases? No gaps in 2015 schedule :confused:

The July 27 gap is for charter