Good Conch

mariapd719

OK Id like to know where the best spot to get Conch is BUT we like to be on the water and we aren't fancy people. Fancy places are not our cup of tea.

Anyone ever hear of the Schooner Wharf. It looks like a cool open air ocean view local spot(with doggies..YAY) . Then there is the Conch Republic also, which I have been to before and enjoyed.

Any other recommendations that fit my criteria? If not Id love to hear feedback on which you prefer Schooner or Republic

I would prefer Conch Republic to Schooner Wharf for the simple reason that the latter has had numerous problems with the health department over their food inspections.

If you just want conch fritters I would get them at the little shack next to Clinton Square Market.

Mike:)

OK Id like to know where the best spot to get Conch is BUT we like to be on the water and we aren't fancy people. Fancy places are not our cup of tea.

Anyone ever hear of the Schooner Wharf. It looks like a cool open air ocean view local spot(with doggies..YAY) . Then there is the Conch Republic also, which I have been to before and enjoyed.

Any other recommendations that fit my criteria? If not Id love to hear feedback on which you prefer Schooner or Republic

BO's fish wagon

• 2 weeks later...
BO's fish wagon

ate there on Friday, wow was the conch good, I had the cracked conch, the sauce that comes with it was over the top good. Also had the grouper sandwich and it was fabulous also.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
Where is BO's Fish Wagon? We will be coming in on the Carnival Magic. (if that matters) :D

It's on Caroline St near William St.

Just walk up Duval a couple of blocks to Caroline St and turn left then it is about 5 more blocks on your left.

The poster wanted to eat on the water. Although BO's Fish Wagon is good it's not on the water.

Go to the harbor and eat at any of the restaurants at the dock. They all have conch, and you will enjoy the view

The poster wanted to eat on the water. Although BO's Fish Wagon is good it's not on the water.

Go to the harbor and eat at any of the restaurants at the dock. They all have conch, and you will enjoy the view

I agree.

I carried a friend to BO's a few weeks back and we both had the grouper sandwich, fries, soft drink and I had a beer and it was $40.:eek:

Buddy has gotten a little greedy imho.

I agree.

I carried a friend to BO's a few weeks back and we both had the grouper sandwich, fries, soft drink and I had a beer and it was $40.:eek:

Wow! Did that price include the tip?

Anyway for that price I would expect a little more luxurious ambience.:D

I agree about the little shack place. Don't know the name but man was the conch fritters amazing. The sauce was good and spicy LOVED it were going on the Magic Sunday and I am gonna go there again with my family!!! LOVE that place

I'm not a fan of conch fritters.....LOVE conch, but fritters just mask the goodness. Unfortunately, we ate so much food at Blue Heaven for breakfast, we weren't hungry much of the day. We grabbed some conch fritters at the food wagon where the shuttle back to the outer mole was picking us up. They were gross. Just really greasy. Had no conch taste whatsoever. Wish I would have made it to BOs Fishwagon as I had planned, but it was not in the cards. We were only in port from 7:30 am - 1:00 pm (having to be back at the shuttle by 12:00 noon) so that kind of stunk.

There's always next time! And there WILL be a next time!!

I agree.

I agree. I almost never eat there anymore. It also seems like the grouper he is using is on a diet. More money, smaller portions. Not a great slogan!