Ruby Princess Mar 29: Days Inn Bahia Cabana ok for precruise?

cbrad

hi,

need inexpensive hotel for precruise night. most suggestions (e.g., hyatt place) sound nice but pricey for us that time of yr - spr break. Days Inn Bahia Cabana on Harbor Dr. has rm at good rate ($119 aarp) and says it's 1-4 mi from FLL and Port, so taxi would not be much and still < cost of closer hotel w free shuttle.

other hotels I've found, tho not as close as Days: Quality Inn on Hollywood Blvd; Super 8 on S. Federal; America's Best Inn on N Federal.

my concern w Days - on A1A - noise, incl loud/late night college partygoers? should I worry? if so, which, if any, of others above would be better? or perhaps others not above? Ideally: 1) < $135, 2) close enough so taxi (FLL; Port) doesn't bump cost too much; 3) quiet at night. THANKS MUCH for insights!

Good God not that Days Inn. The Bahia Cabana is a great fun place and you'll mostly find adults, no Spring Breakers but the motel itself is a dump.

Your budget is super low for that time of year and all you'll find in that price range is reject motels unless you go to hotwire.

Edited by BlueHerons

ha! thought it was a long shot! before seeing your hotwire suggestion, I thought I'd try priceline. can't believe it - have rm at riverside hotel for $160 and from pics, etc. know the extra is worth it. wow. thanks much!

ha! thought it was a long shot! before seeing your hotwire suggestion, I thought I'd try priceline. can't believe it - have rm at riverside hotel for $160 and from pics, etc. know the extra is worth it. wow. thanks much!

Riverside is a MUCH better choice than the others you were looking at. Have fun!

One of my favorite hotels in Fort Lauderdale! You cannot beat the location. Surrounded by fantastic restaurants (Yolo, Royal Pig, Lobster Bar, Timpanos, Cheesecake Factory, Big City Tavern), the water taxi, and lots of shopping.

• 3 weeks later...
Is there a place to buy wine and a case of water near the Riverside that's not too far?

Thanks!

Not really. There is a CVS on Federal Highway that is four blocks north but you have to walk down a VERY busy street and cross a very busy road. It is on the corner of Federal and Broward. If you do this, cross Las Olas on the west side of the tunnel so you don't have to cross Federal AND Broward.

If you walk down Las Olas, there is a 7/11 ten blocks south heading towards the ocean.

Edited by BlueHerons