Daytime makeup suggestions that will last through humid temp./pool water/sweat etc.

I am looking for some tried and true makeup suggestions (Face makeup/eye makeup/lipstick) that I can put on in the morning before leaving my cabin which will stay on through the caribbean humid temperatures as well as if I go swimming in the pool, sweat, get rained on, etc. I don't feel comfortable not wearing makeup and I don't normally wear anything that it is waterproof so any brand suggestions or tips would be greatly appreciated!

I am looking for some tried and true makeup suggestions (Face makeup/eye makeup/lipstick) that I can put on in the morning before leaving my cabin which will stay on through the caribbean humid temperatures as well as if I go swimming in the pool, sweat, get rained on, etc. I don't feel comfortable not wearing makeup and I don't normally wear anything that it is waterproof so any brand suggestions or tips would be greatly appreciated!

For face: Benefit You Rebel Tinted Moisturizer in SPF 15

Lipstick: any as long as it isn't high gloss it should stay on. My favorite pool color is Revlon Cherries In The Snow.

Mascara: Maybelline Great Lash waterproof.

Lipstick: any as long as it isn't high gloss it should stay on. My favorite pool color is Revlon Cherries In The Snow.

I don't think it exists, but for a start, I love Max Factor all-day lipstick. Another good thing I've tried that is actually good for you is Australian Gold Bronzer, which will give you some nice instant color and protect your skin from the strong sun down there. As far as the eyes go, you might get yourself a nice pair of sunglasses and just not worry too much about the eyes until you get dressed up for the evening. It's kind of like the perfect figure thing. I use to worry the first couple of days because I didn't look like a model in a bathing suit. After you look around you'll notice very few perfect bodies.

Does anyone know of a good brow color "thingy" . . . I have no eyebrows (well, I do but you can't see them). I don't wear make-up when out in the sun (just sun block) . . . but it sure would be nice to have a set of eyebrows? :p

For makeup that will stay on during the humidity, I use Christian Dior foundation, or Revlon color stay for a less expensive choice. After I put on foundation, I dust it with Bare Minerals Mineral Veil, then put on some pressed powder. I have very oily skin, and the Mineral Veil really does the trick.

Foundation will not remain intact if you do get your face wet in the pool, so if you plan on getting all wet...skip the foundation and go with one of the other options.

Purchase some blotter papers for touch ups. Mary Kay has some great ones. If you're getting a little shiny, after blotting give another once over with the Mineral Veil (or swirl a brush through some pressed powder), and that'll do the trick!

To keep your lipstick on I learned a neat trick from a make-up artist years ago when I was modeling: choose a non-glossy type (again, Revlon color stay is a great choice for inexpensive make up), make sure you put foundation on around your lip line then dust it with powder, line your lips with a lip liner and fill in, then put on your lip stick. You'll be amazed how long it will last! This even works if you get your face wet as long as you let your face "air dry".

Avoid gloss at all costs because it just loves to run :D

Most of the water proof mascaras will work well.

Ladycaveat: Revlon has some great eyebrow liners. If you don't have any eyebrows..or they are just too light to see, line them using short, light strokes, then put a light dusting of powder on over them. Invest in a good eye brow brush to groom them. If you have unruly eyebrows...try using a clear mascara after you put on the brow color to keep them in place in the hot climate.

I'm sure ya'll will look fabulous!

~e

I use Almay Moisture Tint Sports Formula for my summer makeup. I have very dry skin, so I wear it over moisturizer. It is especially good for gym workouts since it's sheer, but it adds color. It has an spf of 6, so it gives sunprotection without having to wear suntan lotion on your face. I love the stuff and sometimes mix it with other bakeup base.

I swear by Bobbi Brown Gel Eyeliner. Its just amazing. Its a lot like a liquid but more natural looking and easier to apply.

For more convenient touchups, I recommend Revlon Colorstay Eyeliner. I'm an eyeliner addict and this really stays on and is very easy to use.

CoverGirl Outlast lipsticks are semipermanent and will seriously last all day, but the color is very pigmented. Not exactly a beachy look, though they have some new ones out that are in natural hues and have a slight shimmer.

The best thing you can do is dust your whole face with powder when you are done with your makeup. It will help it last. And, then, go with the flow. Touching up is fine but caking more makeup on by the pool is not attractive.

i LOVE Benefit You Rebel Tinted Moisturizer in SPF 15!

This is my summer choice. I dont put makeup on durning the day if i just plan on jumping in a pool....

at night i will wear you rebel , clinque bronzer powder on top .... i think its the best when combined with a freashly sun kiss'ed face!

Does anyone know of a good brow color "thingy" . . . I have no eyebrows (well, I do but you can't see them). I don't wear make-up when out in the sun (just sun block) . . . but it sure would be nice to have a set of eyebrows? :p

I fill in where my brows are sparse with a regular eyebrow pencil (Maybelline Expert Eyes in "Charcoal Grey," which is actually a neutral dark ash brown shade) and go over them with an eyebrow sealant by English Ideas called Brow Last. (English Ideas is not a widely marketed brand--I buy it at Sephora.)

Have you tried having your eyebrows tinted? The gal who does my wax also tints them for me, I have good eyebrows, but they look nicer being colored. It's a vegetable dye so it would not be harmful to the eye, I know some hair stylists will put some hair dye on eyebrows, but my vision is too important to me. I had a friend who went to her with invisible eyebrows and the difference was amazing. The results last about a month.

I don't bother with any makeup on my face when I'm out in hot, humid weather and especially not if I'm going to be swimming. I work with disabled kids and we take them in the pool every day (it's not swimming, it's therapy) and they can splash a lot. I use Chanel Aqua Crayon (eyeliner) and Lancome Definicils waterproof mascara, both of these products do not budge. In the summer, I don't wear any makeup on my face, it's too gooey and streaky from my heavy glow (sweat). I do use a tinted gel blush that stains the skin, powder or cream blush doesn't last. I'd rather have no makeup on than streaky, cakey skin.

• 2 weeks later...

I use Eucerin face moisturizer. It has a high SPF and is waterproof. Over that, I wear Estee Lauder Double Wear. I LOVE that stuff. I was in Florida in the spring and used these products while I was down there, and even though my body was getting a little sun, my face stayed just the way it was before I was in the sun. All of the time I spent in the ocean and none of it ever came off. I swear by it. There are also tons of shades of that Estee Lauder stuff...I never used it before but when my mom died in March, I wanted something that was going to stay on yet didn't make me feel like I had plaster on nor made me look pasty or hard.

Eye shadow - I think I got some cream in a tube stuff from Avon -- they have a little store at our mall. I got it in a beige color...looks great.

Mascara - haven't hit a good one on that yet. I know that lots of people love Great Lash. Lancome used to make aquacils but I don't think they have it anymore. Loved that stuff.

Lips - I always used Blistex nude on my lips when at the beach. Gives you a little color, moisture and protects your lips against the sun. Other than that, if you want to wear a lipstick that stays on, I think the Revlon line has a good one as does Max Factor.

Blush - again, I have a tube (like a huge lipstick tube) of Avon stuff. I took that to Florida with me as well and my face looked as good when we got home from the beach as it did when we left for the beach. I also use Lancome pommettes in colors that look good on me.

I use Cetaphil cleanser and cotton pads to take it all, and use either Rimmel or L'Oreal eye make-up remover, followed by L'Oreal toner to remove those little bits that stay behind sometimes, followed by Cetaphil moisturizer.

Hope this helps.

I also use the Revlon Colorstay Eyeliner. It works so well that I had to completely change the way I remove my eye makeup (I used to get away with water & a washcloth only for my eyes but no more).

The Colorstay eye shadow is fantastic also (though not enough colors).

Maybelline Waterproof Great Lash is fantastic. It looks so natural and stays on.

I have the Bare Minerals, but have yet to really try it in water. The little test I did (put my face in water and looked the results) didn't tell me too much....but I have a feeling that it'll just look cakey...but I could be wrong.

I would like to find a lip stain. Something that I could wear under chapstick, but that I wouldn't lose the color as I lose the chapstick. Any suggestions???

I often use Bare Escentuals during the day because it is quick to apply and lasts for a long time. On her last QVC special Leslie applied BE to her hand and then submerged it in water and the BE did not budge. I prefer to use Lancome or Bobbi Brown for a more finished look in the evening but for daytime use I think BE is the answer.

I would like to find a lip stain. Something that I could wear under chapstick, but that I wouldn't lose the color as I lose the chapstick. Any suggestions???

Actually, I found a lip stain for myself on Monday. Surprisingly, there are many different brands and colors to choose from. I went with Urban Decay "Bitten" from Ulta for $17 (saw it online for $14). One application lasted for about 12 hours from the time I put it on till the time I got home and cleaned it off with washcloth and soap (but I could still see it a little). While it's a little pinker than I'd prefer, it looks nice and subtle, but with just enough color to brighten me up. And it doesn't come off while eating or in water or from putting chapstick on top or from biting your lips. Which is good when you want it to stay.

Diane Young Brow Lift works for me, blonde and fair. ;)

Actually, I found a lip stain for myself on Monday. Surprisingly, there are many different brands and colors to choose from. I went with Urban Decay "Bitten" from Ulta for $17 (saw it online for $14). One application lasted for about 12 hours from the time I put it on till the time I got home and cleaned it off with washcloth and soap (but I could still see it a little). While it's a little pinker than I'd prefer, it looks nice and subtle, but with just enough color to brighten me up. And it doesn't come off while eating or in water or from putting chapstick on top or from biting your lips. Which is good when you want it to stay.

Do you find this works better than the "long lasting" lipsticks that are popular right now (i.e. Covergirl Long Last) where you apply the colour from one end then the "glossy" top coat from the other? I find the colour very drying, and as the day goes on it disappears from the middle of my lips, leaving just a ring around the edges. But when I reapply the colour it goes very cakey:mad:

Lately I've just been using a pencil over the entire lip, with a gloss or chapstick on top, and it works quite well. But I am intrigued by the Urban Decay lip stain idea. Thanks!

I also find the long lasting lipstick to be very drying, so I haven't tried any of the newer ones with the gloss attached.

So far I haven't noticed any dryness when I wear the lip stain. I also haven't seen the infamous ring around the lips.

It does great with chapstick on top, this in no way shortens how long the color will last. With normal lipstick adding chapstick almost guarantees the lipstick will come off quickly.

It's maybe a little tricky to apply. It goes on quite dark, so I dampen a cloth and wipe off the excess...I almost scrub my lips after I put it on to get the exact depth of color that I want. The applicator is basically like a felt tip pen so it's easy to put on.

• 2 weeks later...

Go with Benefit You Reble or Bare Minerals. I think Either will give you a great result. Also, make sure to use an SPF 15 lip balm under your lip color to prevent the dreaded burned lip syndrome.

Who makes the Benefit You Rebel? I haven't seen it around here.

Archived