Want to hear thoughts on TJ Travel for St Petersburg

Just a quick thought on our TJ Travel tour in SPB. It was fantastic' date=' far better than I had expected. Our guide Irina was very knowledgeable and so nice to spend two days with. Our driver was Gennady, and together they made a wonderful team. Ours, was a private tour and by the end of the tour I felt as though I was driving around SPB with friends and not just a guide and driver. Yes Irina did purchase tickets for the venues as we arrived but so did all of the larger groups I saw. It just seemed to be the way things were done there in that city. Our lunch stop both days were great and definitely local stops and not just a tourist stop.

Don't worry about your days with TJ. They are great. Enjoy your time in SPB. It is a wonderful city with an overwhelming amount of places to see. They will take good care of you.[/quote']

I would like your thoughts on how far in advance to book your tour in SPB.

Thanks

We initially booked eight months in advance, January 18th for an August 12 - 13 tour. We made a couple of changes, adding another couple at one point and then less than a month before the cruise the other couple had to cancel and we were back to a private tour. TJ handled all of the changes easily. They responded with quick emails and always a positive helpful attitude.

• 1 year later...
I am considering booking with TJ Travel for their 2 day standard tour. We are not big private tour company people but they seem to have a private tour package that includes everything we want to do at a price I'm willing to pay. I have read their policy page and even what happens if the tour runs late and you miss the ship. Are they too good to be true? Are they reputable? TripAdvisor Likes them. What about all of you here on CC?

We just used TJ travel in St. Petersburg off our Cruise August 2015. Tatiana our guide was great and the company was professional and charged exactly what they quoted. I would recommend them to keep you safe, show you allot and give you great information.

This was a great alternative to getting a visa or paying double to the cruise ship for a busy tour. We had 6 people on our tour so the bus drove right up to sites and kept us right on time. Enjoy your trip.