steamer chairs on Maasdam Promenade

imae39

With the Lanai cabins each having two loungers dedicated to them can someone tell me if there would be a problem finding two loungers beyond the lanai cabins or are there only a few for passengers not in a lanai cabin.

There are more loungers available for the public on the Maasdam than on the Veendam because not as many outside cabins on the Maasdam were converted to lanai cabins.

Every cabin next to a doorway is an outside, so there are two public chairs in front of each of those. On the Maasdam, there is an entire row between doors (near the atrium) which have public chairs; not so on the Veendam.

Both ships have public seating in the area with solid railings across from the loungers.

I had no trouble getting a seat on the Maasdam, but it was a port-intensive cruise.

I had no trouble getting a lounger on the Veendam as I seemed to be the only one who wanted to sit out there when we were heading to/from Antarctica. :D

This is more than you asked for, but since I'm here, I might as well mention the Rotterdam loungers. I haven't been on that ship since her renovation, so I don't know if her lanai count is more like the Veendam or the Maasdam.

I will let you know next week. We are in a Lanai on the Maasdam. Last time we were on the Maasdam, we were in 420 on the stern and sometimes we found a chair...sometimes not.

innlady1, please let us know if you find that there are any issues with smoking on Lanai deck. ;)

innlady1, please let us know if you find that there are any issues with smoking on Lanai deck. ;)

I chose a cabin on the port side because smoking has always been allowed on starboard. So hopefully that's still true. I'll check it on on starboard and see how it is.

We had lanai, port side on the Maasdam . There are additional chairs and never saw them totally filled even on sea days. We really enjoyed the lanai cabin concept and have one booked on the Veendam on our upcoming cruise.

As to the smoking issue we had a few smokers on port side..I questioned HAL about starboard smoking and was told that is not the policy, but one never knows until we sail. If you read HAL's smoking policy the lower prom is not on the list...so why is smoking there?

We had lanai, port side on the Maasdam . There are additional chairs and never saw them totally filled even on sea days. We really enjoyed the lanai cabin concept and have one booked on the Veendam on our upcoming cruise.

As to the smoking issue we had a few smokers on port side..I questioned HAL about starboard smoking and was told that is not the policy, but one never knows until we sail. If you read HAL's smoking policy the lower prom is not on the list...so why is smoking there?

I do know that on our Veendam cruise, there were pots out for smokers on the Starboard side. Maybe it varies from cruise to cruise? I will check the smoking policy...where is it located? So that I can be prepared!