Alarm clocks in the cabin?

choover2576

there are no clocks and no alarm clocks in any room on any carnival ship.

you can leave on a few of the carnival channels which will show the time, and you can request a wake up call... or order room service via the door tag as a wake up call (or both).

but you'd have to bring your own for a true alarm clock.

if you're in an interior room you can also leave the forward camera channel on so you can see if it's daylight and rough weather conditions.

otherwise, there are clocks in the stairwells. but not in any cabins.

you can leave on a few of the carnival channels which will show the time, and you can request a wake up call... or order room service via the door tag as a wake up call (or both).

if you're in an interior room you can also leave the forward camera channel on so you can see if it's daylight and rough weather conditions.

We keep the Lido cam on when in an interior.

Am I the only one that barely hears the knock of the stewards or RS waiters?

We keep the Lido cam on when in an interior.

Am I the only one that barely hears the knock of the stewards or RS waiters?

i tend to hear it, because i am listening for it, when requested, for room service at least.

i think they are at times a bit timid, yes. and sometimes to forward, as in a slight knock, then open the door (room stewards).

on splendor i had a funny story - in that when i looked out my peephole i could see what i thought was a room service steward... they kept bringing us sweets because atd was always over 30 minutes due to large group so i got used to unrequested knocks on the door... but it was in fact, the comic book type 'painting' on the wall across the hall - which looked exactly like a room service steward through the peephole lol.

but yes, i think a lot of their weak little knocks go unnoticed. one night i saw a room service guy with a huge tray stacked 4 high x 3 knocking on a door, and i helped him knock on the door (loudly). to no avail. lol.

ok back to topic, yes, there are no clocks in the room. you can dial in a 'wake up call', you can call other rooms to wake them up, and you can request room service which should 'wake you up', but again, no clocks, and no alarm clocks in particular, in the rooms.

Do the Ocean View rooms on the Carnival Miracle have an alarm clock? I don't like waking up in the middle of the night not knowing what time it is.

TIA!

One of our must brings on a cruise !!! A battery operated alarm clock that stays in my luggage when we are not traveling

We always bring a small plug in digital alarm because I want to see the time in the middle of the night without reaching over to hit a button. We also bring a 6' extension cord so other electric hair care appliances can be used by DW without unplugging the clock.

The room steward's vacuum plugs into the European outlet so they do not disturb the clock. I usually put the clock on the desk at night on the overturned trash can so it is high enough for both of us to see it. A bit of FYI, if you bring a clock be prepared for it to run a few minutes fast or slow each day because the ship's current is not as consistent as on the mainland.

If ship time is constantly changing how do you know what time it is/what time it will be at your next port etc. Seems confusing. Sorry if this seems like a stupid question to experienced cruisers.

Sent from my GT-I8730 using Forums mobile app

I've taken a small travel alarm clock that winds before. But for the last few cruises we just use our I-phone. We set it in airplane mode and can then use the music and the alarm without roaming charges. Worked great in sept.

You can also use room service as a wake up. I normally set my alarm 10 min prior to the earliest time I've ordered room service to have time to throw on something decent to go to the door. Then when it comes coffee and Danish on a balcony is a great way to start a day.

There's also a way to set your phone for a call, but haven't done that in a while since the cell phone was more dependable.

Edited by wantocruisemore

We use a small travel alarm clock and often check the ships tv (carnival stations will

Show time) and clocks on the stairwells for updates to make sure we are correct. In my experience, since our cell phones are in airplane mode the time doesn't change reliably to match ships time.

Carnival Miracle video tour:

One of our must brings on a cruise !!! A battery operated alarm clock that stays in my luggage when we are not traveling

You guys are the best! I've made a list of odds and ends that we need to bring with us and I'll add alarm clock :)

I have already asked my husband for a power strip and he thought I was joking. How the heck am I supposed to fix my hair with one power outlet??!! :)

If ship time is constantly changing how do you know what time it is/what time it will be at your next port etc. Seems confusing. Sorry if this seems like a stupid question to experienced cruisers.

Sent from my GT-I8730 using Forums mobile app

You need to read the daily newsletter. Ship time changes are listed on the first page.

It is important to keep your watch set to ship time. And the ship time may be different than the local time at a port. So don't just ask a local person what time it is. You could easily miss your ship!