Beverage package, is it worth it?

molly5673

Hi nmuller, I asked a similar question in the past and never really got a definitive answer. I was going to email RCCL and ask but haven't gotten around to it yet as I don't sail for a couple of months but you might want to try that. If nothing else, if they say yes it might be useful to have it in writing in case they're not sure themselves on board (I've heard there are a few teething problems with the new packages still while crew get to grips with them).

If you do find out, let us know :)

Thanks UK. I've posted this on a few threads, you're the first to acknowledge. I do plan to contact RCL. Will let you know what they say. And if all else fails will let you know when I return in 3 weeks!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

If you're on a 7 day cruise, you do not have to purchase the drinks package for all 7 days. You can buy it on any day of the cruise with a minimum of 4 days left. The only caveat is that you buy it for the remainder of the cruise. So you can buy a la carte for days 1-3 and then buy the package for days 4-7.

Wow - this is the first time I had heard of this policy. To clarify, Day 1 is the day you set sail and the very last day when you come back does not count (last morning)

Wow - this is the first time I had heard of this policy. To clarify, Day 1 is the day you set sail and the very last day when you come back does not count (last morning)

Correct.

Is the only Diet fountain soda available Diet Coke? I need to watch my caffeine intake so I was wondering if Diet Sprite was available with the packages and souvenir cup?

That depends on the ship and if it has the newer freestyle machines. At dinner and most bars, cola is the only diet, but this was one nice thing about the freestyle machines, many more diet options including flavored waters.

i sent a e-mail to RCC about a week ago with a couple questions and have yet to hear from them.

Question was.

NOS leaving Galveston Tx on a sunday.

If on a Drink package, can we get a drink as soon as we get on the ship, say noon? if so are we taxed on the drink as we are still at the Texas dock?

Michael

i sent a e-mail to RCC about a week ago with a couple questions and have yet to hear from them.

Question was.

NOS leaving Galveston Tx on a sunday.

If on a Drink package, can we get a drink as soon as we get on the ship, say noon? if so are we taxed on the drink as we are still at the Texas dock?

Michael

You can drink as soon as you get on board. I've not heard of taxes applied to drinks from a package, only to individually purchased drinks in port.

Edited by clarea

Originally Posted by marnick1 viewpost.gif

Correct.

Ok, now I am a bit confused. Bob, need a clarification on this. We are going on an 8 days cruise, leave on a Friday. Since we will not be boarding very early Friday and with it being a travel day, bed time might come early; so we were not going to purchase a beverage package until Sat. If we purchased the package on Sat, we would then be charges for 7 days? Sat-Friday. Is that correct?

Thanks, again for all your expertise.

Originally Posted by marnick1 viewpost.gif

Ok, now I am a bit confused. Bob, need a clarification on this. We are going on an 8 days cruise, leave on a Friday. Since we will not be boarding very early Friday and with it being a travel day, bed time might come early; so we were not going to purchase a beverage package until Sat. If we purchased the package on Sat, we would then be charges for 7 days? Sat-Friday. Is that correct?

Thanks, again for all your expertise.

Yes, if you purchase on day 2 of an 8 day cruise, then you would only pay for 7 days.

I'm sure this has been answered but would like some clarification please! If my DH and I both have the premium package can just one of us go up to the bar with both sea passes and get two drinks, one for each card? Or do both of us have to be present at the bar? I'm thinking more in the lines of lounging by the pool or early morning mimosas from the promenade bar. Thanks!

Sent from my iPad using Forums

I'm sure this has been answered but would like some clarification please! If my DH and I both have the premium package can just one of us go up to the bar with both sea passes and get two drinks, one for each card? Or do both of us have to be present at the bar? I'm thinking more in the lines of lounging by the pool or early morning mimosas from the promenade bar. Thanks!

They will give you two drinks when one person presents the two SeaPass cards.

OK, I'm curious... Since Ultimate adds nothing alcoholic to the Premium package, just what do you like to drink with your evening cigar? :)

XO cognac. It was $14 on the menu, the package only covers to $12.

Elvis

XO cognac. It was $14 on the menu, the package only covers to $12.

Elvis

I actually think it only covers to $10, unless they consider cognac to be wine for some strange reason? In any event, both packages will cover the same - upgrading from Premium to Ultimate will make no difference for your XO - you should be charged $4 extra with either package.

Sent from my Galaxy S4 via Tapatalk

Just checked the FAQs on the RCI website & it appears that they've raised the value of the inclusions. Premium wine by the glass is now up to $14 & premium cocktails are now up to $12.

Alcoholic Packages

The Select Package: US$40 per guest / per day. Includes:

- Beer

- Wines by the glass (up to US$9 value)

- Fountain soda with Coca Cola® souvenir cup

- Non-alcoholic cocktails

The Premium Package: USD$55 per guest / per day. Includes:

- Call, and premium cocktails (up to US$12 value)

- Frozen cocktails

- Beer

- Premium wines by the glass (up to US$14 value)

- Bottled water still (500ml)

The Ultimate Package: USD$65 per guest / per day. Includes:

Virtually unlimited options. A combination of all the benefits from Premium and Royal Replenish packages.

Non-Alcoholic Packages

Royal Replenish: US$20 per guest / per day. Includes:

- Premium coffee

- Premium tea

- Bottled water: Sparkling (375ml) or Still (500ml)

- Fresh squeezed orange juice

Sarvowinner can you post a link? I can't find the new info and would like to download it on my phone. Had a bad experience on the Serenaded with the old package and the download on my phone saved me! Leaving Sunday so I would love to have the new download.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Tapatalk

Sarvowinner can you post a link? I can't find the new info and would like to download it on my phone. Had a bad experience on the Serenaded with the old package and the download on my phone saved me! Leaving Sunday so I would love to have the new download.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Tapatalk

Hopefully this opens:

http://www.royalcaribbean.com.au/customersupport/faq/details.do?pagename=frequently_asked_questions&faqId=5531&faqSubjectId=336

There is also a "print this page" button

Edited by Sarvowinner
Additional info