Superbowl onboard this year?

TPAtravelfan

Last year, while sailing on the Mariner, it was announced that there would not be any presentation of the Superbowl.

After much grumbling, as well as a challenging situation on Voyager that required some TLC for passengers, it was announced that there would indeed be a live presentation of the game. The Constellation Theater was set up to accommodate passengers and a great football tailgate theme including hot dogs and beer and other "game" food was provided. It was well attended and both passengers and crew got into game-day spirit.

This year we'll be on the Voyager in Australia when the game is held on February 2nd. Granted, the time difference would have the local date of presentation be February 3rd, sometime during the afternoon and I know that cost can be prohibitive due to NFL licensing. Further, not all passengers care about American football. Even so, I'm sure many are hoping to have this option again.

Anyone heard anything? It's going to be Denver versus either Seattle or San Francisco. (rooting for the Niners!)

Edited by TPAtravelfan

Have to laugh. We have been out of the country for 4 weeks and this is the first time that Super Bowl has been mentioned (it isn't even thought about in Australia which is a big sports country.) In any event, it was shown last year so there is probably no reason it cannot be shown this year. Due to time differences, it could either be shown at an "off" time or played at a normal time but it would be taped -- really depends upon the location of the ship when the game is broadcast.

Go Hawks

We certainly hope it will be shown on the ship (cruising the coast of South America).

If not, I hope the internet bandwidth can handle it :-)....

Perhaps you and I might wager a Jefferson on the outcome?....Last year we were told that it would not be shown but they had a fast change of mind......:cool:

TPAtravel fan I will bet you a free Regent Cruise that 49ers WILL NOT WIN - then again they can't lose!

My winning cruise must be at least two weeks long - anything shorter isn't worth the hassle of packing, flying etc

GOOD LUCK!

TPAtravel fan I will bet you a free Regent Cruise that 49ers WILL NOT WIN - then again they can't lose!

You're a funny one Ted. :-)

Fortunately, we spend much of the winter season in Colorado (well, except this year thanks to upcoming 48-day Voyager itinerary) which has me aligned with the Broncos for the AFC. Hey, they've earned it!

Geeze...one year later, and here we go again...Of Course, Regent should show the Super Bowl Live, no matter where the ship is, if possible. (And, it's almost always possible). It is the most watched television event in The World on a yearly basis, and it's not doing anyone any harm for Regent to turn the Constellation into a giant tail gate party. Don't want to go? Don't show up.

To even begin to think that showing of this game impacts the current or future fares of crusies is absurd. Come on...let's don't get hung up on the cost and how it affects someone who doesn't like football. Some things are just common customer service sense. Please. It shouldn't even be a big deal, except for those on board who will have lots of fun drinking a couple of beers, having a dog, and enjoying a quintessintial--now World Wide-- event from half way around the world. Bet Regent has got that figured out....

Wasn't there a thread last year about this exact topic? Wasn't the outcome "NO" until something changed that required some good PR?

It seems to me if viewing the superbowl while traveling is THAT important you'd check with the cruise line BEFORE making reservations.

/or go Crystal - supposedly they always show it

baychilla: Agree, if it is that important and absolutely necessary for our well being, then checking before would be a good idea. However, having a great cruise is more important imho. As we are cruising the coast of SA and having a sea day on Feb 2, it would not take away from visiting interesting places, but would increase the enjoyment. Plus all the "bonding" we could do with the fans of the other team....the opportunities are endless. :-)

6:25 p.m. EST in U.S. will be around mid-day on Feb 3 for those of us who will be in Australia. TPAtravelfan, it looks like there will be at least 4 Broncos fans present.

With the 16 hour time difference from New York, that puts kick-off at 10:25am Brisbane, Australia time on 3 February. Difficult time for the ship to do an event in the Constellation Theater since excursions will still be heading out from there. We may be out of luck for a live presentation.

AWED32: I'm not sure a wager would make sense as we both are firm in Seahawks territory. Should be a great game though, but it'll be tough to up the one yesterday.

:-)

You are correct. I was mixed up between your post and that of patti22. Now I am wondering if sidearms will be allowed.? Just in case those wild-eyed Bronco fans get a little out of hand...While we Hawks sit quietly sipping our sarsparilla.?. :cool::D PS> I believe that 6:30 PM EST will be 7:30 PM local.

Edited by AWED23

I'm not a big watcher of most sports - !'d rather do something than watch it.

I won't be at sea during the Super Bowl. BUT I sincerely hope Regent does show it for the numerous fans.

My only interest is that singer Renee Fleming has a fantastic voice and will sing the anthem at the Super Bowl.

My wife and two daughters went to the same private girls school that Renee did! (Wife and daughters weren't great singers but great people!)