Can my "almost 15yr old" get into Club O2?

KYWEST1

We are cruising on the Dream in March with 2 families. My freshman has a late birthday (June), so he will still be 14. His cousins will be able to get into Club O2, and I know he would only want to be with them and not in Circle C. I forget how strict Carnival is with this. Is it a possibility to get him in "da club"? Thx!!:)

we haven't sailed carnival in several years but when we were on the sensation my son was the same way with being able to move up into circle c and we were told no way possible. they go in the age group they are in no exceptions. however from seeing similar questions in the past many have said they have been told it all depends on how many kids in the age groups there are on the ship. I'm guessing they won't allow it.

It's unusual that they let kids switch into a different age group, especially at peak times such as spring break. I didn't realize June was so "late" in the year. News to me.

That is late in a school year. Meaning that his friends turned 15 between September and May but are freshmen just like OP's son.

That is late in a school year. Meaning that his friends turned 15 between September and May but are freshmen just like OP's son.

I see. I don't get how that relates to club O2 rules. 14 is 14 whether is bday is June or December.

Edited by irishnyc

We sailed Carnival earlier this month and had the same issue, but with Circle C (mine is 11.5 and his brother is 13). Fortunately we did not pre-register either kid. We show up at the Circle C party the first night with both kids and asked if the 11.5 y/o could attend Circle C. She checked her registration list and said since neither was pre-registered we could go ahead and register them both for Circle C *BUT* the younger one was on a "trial basis" for the first night. He did fine and was able to enjoy Circle C with his older brother for the whole cruise. Good luck! Hope the crew on your ship is as understanding as the crew on ours.:)

My 11 year old has been in Circle C our last 2 cruises.

A friend's 14-year old with us was in Club O2 our last cruise.

If there's a reason why (group of friends, sibling, etc...) it hasn't been an issue. Just be firm as long as you know that's what is best.

The kids in the club couldn't care less.

Thanks everyone who replied. I won't pre-register them, and we'll just see what happens. A June birthday is a "late" birthday in the school world irishnyc. Just ask any sophomore who is waiting to get his/her driver's license. :p

We're in the same situation. Sailing the Breeze in June and son's 15th bday is in July. He's finishing up his freshman year and Circle C will be way immature for him. Late birthdays are the worst:p

I will say that they did let him move up to Circle C the summer when he just missed that cut-off so hoping the same applies here!

It is not true that they will not budge. You need to speak to a counselor at the orientation. Do not ask in the public forum. My daughter was 5 in the 6-8. Her birthday was 10/31 and we sailed 9/17. They do make exceptions for a few months difference as long as one group is not overcrowded.

Sent using the Cruise Critic forums app

I agree that you should just ask the head counselor once you are onboard. In my past experience they would not allow the changes. My daughter and her cousin are one year apart but the ages of the groups put them in different groups and they would not allow them to be together either moving one up or the other down. They just refused to go and did things on their own for that cruise. It doesn't hurt to ask as long as you are prepared for the answer to be "no".

We were able to move my 14 yo nephew to Club O2 on the Valor last New Years to be with my 15 yo son. We had to talk directly to the O2 Director, but he allowed it. We asked over the phone, John Heald's facebook, etc. beforehand, but were always directed straight to the O2 Director. So we had to wait until we boarded, but he did agree to the switch.

My nephew cruised with me in July. His birthday was in August. He was 11 almost 12. When we went to check out the club the first day of the cruise, the counselor ask if we wanted to move him up since he was so close. We did and he had a great time.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Forums mobile app

There is no way Carnival can do this. They can verify age. They can not verify what grade someone is in

High school students have school id's that they can show along with the fact that carnival knows exactly when the pax bday is.

It also would not be such a big deal for the kid to get a simple 1 paragraph memo on school letterhead stating his grade from the school office. If the age is at issue the parent certainly can make the call to the school to secure this letter even during summer the office is open. Just takes a little planning and brain power

Now lets discuss how we prove the grade of a home schooled kid Lol

Edited by Crusin6

We just went on breeze jan 12 my daugter wanted to move up so on oriantation day we asked and they said to ask the director so i walked with her to ask but made her ask and the diractor said no problem and she will not be 15 till April 28

High school students have school id's that they can show along with the fact that carnival knows exactly when the pax bday is.

It also would not be such a big deal for the kid to get a simple 1 paragraph memo on school letterhead stating his grade from the school office. If the age is at issue the parent certainly can make the call to the school to secure this letter even during summer the office is open. Just takes a little planning and brain power

Now lets discuss how we prove the grade of a home schooled kid Lol

Oh my! People can't seem to get Passports, birth certs, letters for single parents, etc... straight. Can you imagine the chaos if they also needed letters from schools!? Which, by the way could be nearly impossible to get, especially in summer when many school offices are deserted.

But back to the OP: as you can see from the responses here, nobody knows. You'll have to speak to the O2 director when you board.