Looking for a "tanzanite" opal ring

crazycruzer68

These are all over Mexico but I cant remember seeing them last time I was in the eastern Caribbean. This is the only stop we plan on shopping, does anyone know if they are St. Thomas?

Unless I'm wrong Tanzanite and Opal are two different stones. If might of been an Opal and Tanzanite on one ring.

There was some sort of opal looking stone I saw. It was more flat like mother of pearl. I can't remember the name of it. Mar A Lago or something like that.

Tanzanite is the deep blue stone, isn't it?

Most Tanzanite that I have seen is yellow to orange in colour. Opals are usually a shade of blue . True Opals are a stone encased in plastic. Opals tend to be very poursos and adsorb dirt very easily.

There was some sort of opal looking stone I saw. It was more flat like mother of pearl. I can't remember the name of it. Mar A Lago or something like that.

Tanzanite is the deep blue stone, isn't it?

Sounds like you are looking for larimar; however, it looks nothing like opal or tanzanite. It's light blue and sometimes with lots of white an even brown. It native to the Caribbean, so if you are seeking it you should find it without trouble.

Sent from my iPhone using Cruise Critic Forums mobile app

Edited by OMK&Belladonna