CELEBRITY vs CCL a Review of our 1st X Cruise

threeputt101

Thanks for the comparisons.

I too am Platinum with Carnival and will be on my first Celebrity Summit cruise this October.

Excited about trying something new and different. I am seriously bored with Carnival.

I think you will the same way as the original poster...Celebrity is a step above the others. Have a great cruise!

Glad that you enjoyed your cruise. It's good to step out and try other lines for yourself.

My last cruise on Carnival was in 2004. Haven't been back and so far Carnival has given me no reason to try them again. Everyone has their own opinion but every other cruise line that we have tried since Carnival (NCL, RCI, HAL and X) was a better experience. Not a John Heald fan at all and will leave it at that.

We really like both RCI and Celebrity. Both have a different flavor and depending on what we want for a cruise determines our choice between the two. Both give the WOW but in a different way but each are great cruise lines IMHO.

I'm just glad that we have many different choices to choose from. Something for everyone. :)

:p

Glad that you enjoyed your cruise. It's good to step out and try other lines for yourself.

My last cruise on Carnival was in 2004. Haven't been back and so far Carnival has given me no reason to try them again. Everyone has their own opinion but every other cruise line that we have tried since Carnival (NCL, RCI, HAL and X) was a better experience. Not a John Heald fan at all and will leave it at that.

We really like both RCI and Celebrity. Both have a different flavor and depending on what we want for a cruise determines our choice between the two. Both give the WOW but in a different way but each are great cruise lines IMHO.

I'm just glad that we have many different choices to choose from. Something for everyone. :)

And all along I thought John was your all time favorite! :p

OP, for the most part I agree with your opinion. The food is better and Celebrity is a step above .

On Celebrity I always was treated as a trusted sophisticated adult.

Like you I still enjoy Carnival especially with my young adult kids.

I was however disappointed with the Summit's entertainment.

Based on a single Royal cruise, I feel your comments also apply to Celebrity over RC except that Royal has by far the best entertainment

Cue the CCL cheerleaders to defend Carnival.
Wow, what a helpful well reasoned comment.

So where are these cheerleaders?