O's Paperwork and Dress Code questions

Packard

First time for cruise on O.

Does O send the paperwork, ie. boarding passes, luggage tags via TA, mail or do they have a link to print your own online (can't see a link if there is one)?

Also, does my DH need a sports jacket for the diningroom or the specialty restaurants?

Thanks for any assistance and have a good day everyone!!

Does O send the paperwork, ie. boarding passes, luggage tags via TA, mail or do they have a link to print your own online (can't see a link if there is one)?

Also, does my DH need a sports jacket for the diningroom or the specialty restaurants?

We always receive our final cruise itinerary (no boarding passes are required at check in) and baggage tags from our TA about a month or so before sailing. Others have stated they receive theirs as much as 75 days before sailing. Country Club Casual dress does not require a Jacket in the GDR or specialty dining venues, however I always feel more comfortable and appropriately dressed when I have a jacket on. For me it's NOT about impressing others, it is just my make up and upbringing.

Edited by Offroad911

You will get a folder, especially for you, with all the information including luggage tags about 75 days before your cruise.

DH does NOT need a jacket but will not feel out of place if he wears one to any dinner. Enjoy your O cruise.

A lovely brochure with all the information about your cruise, and pre-printed luggage tags should arrive no later than about 30 days prior to your cruise. I've heard of people getting them much earlier than that. Our's is always sent to our TA, despite his many requests to send them direct to us - we keep trying though.

My husband took a sports coat on our first O cruise and discovered he was in the minority. More men in the specialty restaurants will have on sports coat than the MDR. And, you'll see a fair amount of sports coats at the Captain's Reception but still no more than 50% It's about what you're comfortable with. DH no longer takes any type sports coat and has never felt out of place.

No sports coat required. I took one anyway and felt that it was appropriate in a couple of occasions. You rarely see them in the MDR. However La Reserve, and a couple of the specialty restaurants (we were on Marina) sports coats were worn by the majority of the men.

Let me add, that in a couple of those restaurants, with the air conditioning, I was glad I had one along! Women often carried (and used) sweaters or wraps.