Royal Replenish package and specialty coffee/tea

mspink98

We upgraded last night from the Coke package to the Replenish (unlimited non-alcoholic) for our Freedom cruise next month. I asked on the phone, but the rep was about as knowledgeable as we've come to expect :rolleyes: so I figured I'd ask here.

Does "Premium coffee and tea" in this package include Starbucks drinks? If not, where can I get a latte or try out one of the premium teas?

We upgraded last night from the Coke package to the Replenish (unlimited non-alcoholic) for our Freedom cruise next month. I asked on the phone, but the rep was about as knowledgeable as we've come to expect :rolleyes: so I figured I'd ask here.

Does "Premium coffee and tea" in this package include Starbucks drinks? If not, where can I get a latte or try out one of the premium teas?

There is a specialty coffee bar next to Cafe Promenade.

• 2 weeks later...

I had this package on the Adventure last week. It included all coffee drinks from the specialty coffee bar on the promenade. They served Seattle's Best coffee although the cups said Starbucks. I had many a Coffee/tea latte, frapachino, machiato, etc,. Very much worth the $20 a day!

Oh yeah, it also included frozen non-alcoholic drinks (another common question).

My understanding is that when there is a free-standing Starbucks (Oasis and Allure) you must use the Lattitudes coffee bar and not the "real" Starbucks.

Edited by Messunderstood

I was on the Jewell last week-they had a Starbucks-aLL coffess including cappuccinos-expressos, Americanas, Latees, Frappachinoes and special teas were included. As were Pierre and Peligrino sparkling/mineral waters, Fresh OJ from the WJ and DR, bottled water and non alcohol frozen drinks(blaa). We loved it!

This package is intriguing. I think it might be worth it just for the Pellegrino!

Can you get your bottled water from any location, or is it limited? I was thinking about the water stations as you're getting off the ship. Could we get it there, or would we have to get it ahead of time and take it with us? Do you know if flavored waters are available?

We were able to get bottled water using our package as we left the ship's gangway area. It was the individual-sized waters though and we quickly found that if we got our bottled water from the promenade that they gave us the bigger sized bottles. ;)

Edited by Messunderstood

This package is intriguing. I think it might be worth it just for the Pellegrino!

We got it for the Pelligrino BUT there were so few bars and places to get it that it was NOT worth it! Bartenders had no clue what I wanted half the time. They ended up giving us a day off the price because of this frustration. Hope they improve this, had NO issue on Celebrity.

Very helpful information! I have purchased this package for my cruise on the Adventure in a few weeks - very happy it includes Pellegrino :)

If you go to the coffee bar on the AOS, look for Thierry (Terry) and have him make your drinks! He was awesome! So pleasant and eager to take care of you!

Hint...they will let you get a bottled water AND a coffee at the same time at the promenade coffee bar.

If you go to the coffee bar on the AOS, look for Thierry (Terry) and have him make your drinks! He was awesome! So pleasant and eager to take care of you!

Hint...they will let you get a bottled water AND a coffee at the same time at the promenade coffee bar.

Perfect - thanks!!!!!!

I just got off the Liberty and had the ultra deluxe liquor package which is basically the deluxe liquor package with the Replenish added on.

DH got his Mocha Lattes and I got my Chai from the coffee shop on the Royal Promenade. (They don't have Starbucks on the LB, so that was a moot issue).

From the literature, I thought we'd be getting the chipped Coke cup, but the LB doesn't have the machines yet. So instead we got a 'souvenir cup' which we never used. If we wanted a soda the bartender would just put it in a glass.

Can someone tell me, if you get the Replenish on a ship with the machines (like OA or AL) do you get the chipped cup that works with the machines? I didn't realize that LB didn't have them and was disappointed at the limited soda selection, typical bar mixers only.

We got 'fresh squeezed' OJ every morning in the dining room. It really didn't seem all that fresh squeezed, but was a vast improvement over the 'Tang' they usually serve. (Hint to RCCL: You dock in Ft. Lauderdale, how about some Florida Select, mmkay?) If you order 'fresh squeezed' in the Windjammer, expect to wait a long time to get it. The waiter we asked had to go to another deck to find some. I would have skipped it if I'd know what a hassle it was for him.

I asked for a large Pelligrino at dinner almost every night and only ever got a small Perrier. lol. OK, whatever.

None of the packages include the protein/health shakes/smoothies. So don't even ask.

When we bought the package on board, it came with a nice little lecture about 'over indulging'. I got the idea that the rule is '7 minutes'. So if I got a rum and Coke, I had to wait 7 minutes before the bartender could give me a bottle of water or anything else that required swiping the card. It's obvious they have scared the crap out of the bartenders regarding 'inventory control', and this includes giving a person 2 bottles of water at the same time.

Bottom line, this is a new program and they haven't quite gotten the bugs worked out. I got my money's worth on Chai alone, but I had expected a more all inclusive, non hassle experience. I'm guessing that on OA and AL it's a better deal.

Edited by theEvilQueen2

We've taken a punt, for our first cruise. We cruise on Rhapsody on March 6 and have taken the Royal Replenish Package, this leaves us with about $1100AU worth of Alcohol to get through in 12 nights before we lose on the cost of the Ultimate Package....it may be a close run thing but we'll know for next time.

Cheers

Lazy Dave

I was on the Jewell last week-they had a Starbucks-aLL coffess including cappuccinos-expressos, Americanas, Latees, Frappachinoes and special teas were included. As were Pierre and Peligrino sparkling/mineral waters, Fresh OJ from the WJ and DR, bottled water and non alcohol frozen drinks(blaa). We loved it!

I was just talking with a RC rep and she is telling me there is no Starbucks on the Jewel. Is it a stand alone Starbucks, or is it in with something else? We are considering purchasing this for our B2B on the 22nd, but the hubs really likes Starbucks! If they don't have one, it is a deal breaker :)

The name might have been Lattitudes but-the cups, and syrups said Starbucks. I assume the coffee was Starbucks-I also remember the barista wearing a Starbucks smock.

So my take is- if it looks like a duck.........

If it was not Starbucks it was still darn good.

At home I do not frequent Starbucks but by the end of the cruise I had the lingo down and I was ordering a Venti Skim Milk Latte-My wife would get a Grande skim milk Cappuccino.

When we came in from a day at the beach-it was Mocha Frappachinos!

Just a warning-watch out for the Sunflower Granola Bars-They are addicting!

Edited by harry0

I was just talking with a RC rep and she is telling me there is no Starbucks on the Jewel. Is it a stand alone Starbucks, or is it in with something else? We are considering purchasing this for our B2B on the 22nd, but the hubs really likes Starbucks! If they don't have one, it is a deal breaker :)

It's not a "Starbucks" but they have Starbucks products. I look at it as the difference between a regular franchise and a hotel serving Starbucks products in their lobby.

It was nice to have the option.

I didn't realize that LB didn't have them and was disappointed at the limited soda selection, typical bar mixers only.

We got 'fresh squeezed' OJ every morning in the dining room.

I asked for a large Pelligrino at dinner almost every night and only ever got a small Perrier.

The Freestyle machines are currently only on ships that sail out of the US year-round (thus having easy access to the materials). I looked it up on Royal's website before our Liberty 1/23 cruise and it was plainly available.

You're lucky to have gotten OJ because it was "not available" whenever I asked.

I never saw a single bottle of Pellegrino the entire voyage but did almost drink my money's worth for my Royal Replenish package in Perrier.

It's not a "Starbucks" but they have Starbucks products. I look at it as the difference between a regular franchise and a hotel serving Starbucks products in their lobby.

It was nice to have the option.

It makes a huge difference with the beverage packages that have specialty coffees though. Starbucks is not included. But Latte-tudes serving Starbucks products is.

Edited by nolesrule

I never saw a single bottle of Pellegrino the entire voyage but did almost drink my money's worth for my Royal Replenish package in Perrier.

Explorer on the "plague cruise" was treating the two products as equivalent; I liek them both fine, but the 8.25 ounce bottles of Pellegrino are just so tiny. Netherless, I got far more use from the package than would have justified the cost.

Curious... do they take any measures to ensure passengers don't cheat the system? I know with the alcoholic packages we're required to purchase it for each person in the stateroom, but I didn't see anything like that for the non-alcoholic packages. If I buy the Royal Replenish package, is there anything to stop me from handing my wife my card so she can get something? Or even me just hitting up two separate bars for a coke at each?

First off, that's no longer required with the alcohol packages.

And no, there's no cheat prevention mechanism. I had the Replenish package on our last cruise, and my wife was always grabbing a bottle of Pellegrino for me at the bar using my card.

First off, that's no longer required with the alcohol packages.

And no, there's no cheat prevention mechanism. I had the Replenish package on our last cruise, and my wife was always grabbing a bottle of Pellegrino for me at the bar using my card.

Woah, I was reading over these packages just a couple months ago and read that both me and my wife would be charged for the alcoholic packages.... and now I can't find that wording anywhere. Thanks for pointing that out!

We are planning on getting this package on our cruise on the Oasis in June. My friend was wondering if they made Chai Lattes. She is not a coffee drinker. I am so glad to get the specialty coffees, I hated having to drink the plain coffee on the Carnival Magic last year. It was never good.

(Hint to RCCL: You dock in Ft. Lauderdale, how about some Florida Select, mmkay?)

Bags of concentrate stow in much less space than liquid juice. Water to reconstitute it comes from the ship's systems, and is essentially free and on demand.

Edited by hellsop