Ocean view cabin suggestions/tips for Breakaway?

Daghis

My friend and I are looking at booking a CAS cruise on Breakaway for later this year. My offer is for an ocean view cabin (OA, OB, or OC).

Looking at the deck plans, all the OBs and OCs are down on deck 5 along the sides of the ship, and the OAs are all the way forward on decks 9-13.

Are there any pros and/or cons for the forward, higher deck OAs compared with the deck 5 OB/OC cabins? The one big con that I see for the OAs is that they appear to be really far away from the elevator lobbies. On the other hand, the deck 5 cabins, depending on which is chosen, may be underneath a noisy venue.

Right now, we're leaning toward one of the OAs on deck 11. That seems to be high enough off the leading bow of the ship to provide a better view, while still being somewhat in the middle between the pool deck and the public areas on 6/7/8.

Any suggestions or tips would be greatly appreciated!

I would offer this opinion, although I have only stayed on deck 12 balconies on both occasions on board.

Deck 11 OAs are overlooking the bow and they are far from the elevators. The hallways are very, very long on Breakaway and narrow. When walking down them with others you cannot pass other passengers and have to duck into an alcove to pass. Bit of a pain.

The good news about deck 11 is that it is near the upper decks and centrally located vertically. Also there are no public areas above or below you so it'll be quieter.

Deck 5 are along the side of the ship so you'll get a better view out of the window than a bow view. Deck five OBs are mostly below guest services and the library and other similar quiet areas, so I would not worry about noise unless directly under the theater in an OB.

OCs are directly under Taste and Savor and so you might get tables and chair noise from above when cleaning early in the morning.

All in all, if it were me, I'd rather pick an OB on deck 5 since it's convenient to decks 6, 7 and 8 where you will spend a lot of time.

Edited by limeyalchemist

Thank you very much for your help!

All in all, if it were me, I'd rather pick an OB on deck 5 since it's convenient to decks 6, 7 and 8 where you will spend a lot of time.

Something else that popped into my head after reading this sentence. It's worth considering that the cruise is going to be in late November when it's likely to be quite chilly out on the upper decks. The proximity to the pools and such probably won't be as interesting for at least some part of the cruise.

Have to tell you about an ocean view cabin on Deck 5. We visited friends in cabin 5148 (01), which had the beds parallel to the rectangular window and a couch by the window. It was a great cabin with a good sized bath. It is so hard to find an ocean view cabin on any NCL ship with the bed parallel to the window. The bed is usually shoved up against the window so you have to stand on the bed to look out!

Are the beds parallel to the window in all of the ocean view cabins, or just the O1 category?

From what I've seen of some of the pictures, when the beds are put together, they're perpendicular to that wall, but in some other, when they're separated, they're parallel.

We were on the 5 January cruise on the Breakaway, and were in an accessible Family Ocean View on deck 5, 5740. We really enjoyed our cabin, the beds were parallel to the length of the ship. There was a sofa between the beds and the outside wall. The location was great....we were right opposite the forward elevator/stairtower, so access to the publice decks 6,7,and 8 was easy. And the gangway was just a deck down for all six of our ports of call.

Another consideration, is the ride....we were located close to the medical center, which being low and almost dead center, offers the smoothest ride if there are rough seas. Those forward facing cabins, up high, are in the part of the ship with the most motion. While I would have liked a forward view, I did enjoy our view, where you can really sense the speed of the ship, being not far from the waterline. We could also enjoy watching the activities on the gangway, at those ports where we docked on our side.

In June we stayed in 5726 and loved it. Close to all the action on 678. Nothing ever felt like a long walk. Quiet room. Felt more spacious than our friends mini suite

Safe sailing

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app