cabin upgrade on Breakaway

luv2plan

I will be traveling alone with my son on the Breakaway in a few weeks. The rates have dropped about $600 since my final payment but NCL will not upgrade me or give me any on board credit. I am fine with that but have my eye on a haven spa suite. Is it worth almost $1,000 to go from a M6 which is a large balcony mini suite to the S9 haven spa suite? I am not looking for more room just the haven perks. Thank you!

I will be traveling alone with my son on the Breakaway in a few weeks. The rates have dropped about $600 since my final payment but NCL will not upgrade me or give me any on board credit. I am fine with that but have my eye on a haven spa suite. Is it worth almost $1,000 to go from a M6 which is a large balcony mini suite to the S9 haven spa suite? I am not looking for more room just the haven perks. Thank you!

I loved the Haven Spa Suite but how old is your son? He won't be able to use the spa if he's under 18. The Haven Spa Suite is for 2 people and there is only a king size bed in the cabin and it cannot be split so you would be sharing a bed with him (only if its an issue for him or you) the perks of the Haven are amazing but considering those options I mentioned, you have to make the decision if its worth the $1,000 to upgrade.

That is really strange. We had 3 regular balconies. Price dropped (cannot remember how much). This was AFTER we paid in full.

I called and was offered either $85 per cabin OBC or upgrade to M6 mini-suites. Took the M6's. OMG....loved it. Balcony was 138sq.ft as opposed to 38sq. ft. Bathroom...double sinks and showers big enough to fit 4 people.

I would call back and try again. Sometimes you get someone on the phone that either does not know what they are doing or too lazy to do it. BE FIRM. :) AND GOOD LUCK

I called three times lol. They did offer me a family mini suite but I think the only advantage of that is it is near the kids clubs and I think has a bathtub but I believe the M6 which I am in has a bigger balcony so I declined. I guess I will call a fourth time. I did book through Costco so maybe that has something to do with it. I did tell Costco to tell them I would be happy to pay for the haven just maybe at a discounted price and every time they told me no. Thanks for the responses.

I have been calling Costco directly and they have been calling NCL for me.

Thats the problem . You have someone at the Costco travel not quite pushing hard enough for you.. I book all my travel through online sites but that is the down side . You have to rely on them to advocate for you..

Keep trying and cite a few examples of others getting some OBC in the same situation... Cant hurt.. Good luck ;)

Just was on phone with Costco for 45 minutes. Got a really nice agent who I believe really tried to help me. NCL was not giving any on board credit and would upgrade me to a family mini suite but as I said before I believe my M6 is bigger and has a larger balcony. Advantage of the family mini I believe is location. I would rather have the bigger balcony. Anyway I asked for a discount (as I don't expect to be upgraded for free from a mini to haven) for the S9 and NCL would not budge. Back to my original question, Is it worth an extra $1,000 for the haven? My son is only 12 so neither one of us will be using the spa so I would be booking for the haven perks only. Thanks!

Just was on phone with Costco for 45 minutes. Got a really nice agent who I believe really tried to help me. NCL was not giving any on board credit and would upgrade me to a family mini suite but as I said before I believe my M6 is bigger and has a larger balcony. Advantage of the family mini I believe is location. I would rather have the bigger balcony. Anyway I asked for a discount (as I don't expect to be upgraded for free from a mini to haven) for the S9 and NCL would not budge. Back to my original question, Is it worth an extra $1,000 for the haven? My son is only 12 so neither one of us will be using the spa so I would be booking for the haven perks only. Thanks!

Well, not worth it to ME, but only YOU can know whether it would be worth it for YOU...

For that $1000 you and your son could do a whole lot of excursions or dining!

I sailed in the Haven on the Breakaway last summer and here is why I chose to spend more. As the ship is so big, having concierge service to help with reservations is a huge plus, as is priority embarkation/disembarkation. The Haven restaurant is terrific for breakfast and lunch (I never had dinner there, but if you did, you could save $ on specialty restaurants). It is very peaceful and the food is very good. Butler service was excellent, and having in-suite dining was wonderful. For me, the $1000 would be worth it, but be prepared to be so spoiled it may be difficult to go back to non-Haven cabins!

I had a similar response when my inside cabin went down in price. I have a large balcony and an inside on deck 9 of the Getaway and I wanted an upgrade on the inside (balcony is comped thru CET), they would upgrade to an oceanview but couldn't guarantee where it would be - could be on deck 5 I was told and you won't know until you get on. The agent recommended against it. So I asked can you up grade it to a large balcony on 9 and give me a credit for the free upgrade to oceanview - answer was no and it didn't seem worth $260X2 to move across the hall and have two balconys.

Thank you for all your replies. There are 8 of the haven spa suites left as of right now. I am going to sleep on it and see how I feel in the morning. It is really tempting as it is a school break and I think having the perks will make the crowded ship a little less hectic. But with that being said a week on a ship without cooking and cleaning is still wonderful :)

It was on a different ship but we were upgraded from a mini suite to an Owners Suite for $1,000 on the Pearl. It was the best (and most expensive) $1,000 we ever spent. Perks were phenomenal and well worth the upgrade charge. It was also the most expensive $1,000 as we will never cruise in a non-suite room again. We have the DOS booked on the Breakaway in March. We tasted the high life .............and it tasted good.:D

We were just upgraded from 2 inside cabins tom2 ocean view balconies. Our travel agent did it and it didn't seem to a big deal. Costco is probably the cruise lines biggest agent, But.... They also probably get the best prices. They may have a deal with NCL not to be able to lower the prices or provide upgrades. My agent was able to match the costco price and give us a generous obc

I am traveling in February, during the break week, with my family and friends. My parents called NCL a few weeks ago and got upgraded from a regular balcony room to a Spa Balcony. They recommended I try and my room got upgraded from an Inside Room on Deck 5 to a Large Balcony on Deck 9!!! What luck!

I casually and simply asked about any upgrades available and mentioned I have sailed with them before and I was a latitudes member and so forth... in 5 minutes, I was moved!!