Family Suite Sold out!

CruiserTB

Hi,

I'm looking into booking the MSC Divina cruise in August (the only month I can do since I need to wait til DD gets out of school). All the August bookings show the family suite being sold out. Just wondering if anybody had any thoughts on whether these suites would open back up closer to cruise time (people cancelling) or if it was unlikely I'd be able to get a family suite for August at this point?

Also I'll be traveling with an 18 month old at the time, does anyone know if MSC can provide a mini-crib for my LO to sleep in? Thanks.:D

Yes, a limited number of cots and highchairs are available onboard, although please be prepared for more demand for these during the high season. Please be sure to submit your request for these items when you book your cruise.

Regards,

Thanks for the reply. Do you think I should book a regular cabin now and hope that a family suite becomes available that I can upgrade to or should I wait until a family suite becomes available and then book it?

Do you mean yacht club suites?

Ok, given that there are only 3, the odds are not good that they will come open.

I keep considering one of these cabins for our cruise but the trade off is the bigger rooms and no balcony vs the location of the yc1 suites being actually in the yacht club area with a balcony.

The idea of being able to turn left or right and strolling into the topsail to get drinks or snacks quickly with no need for and elevator ride or stair hike so far has won out. The balcony for us is not that important.

Rebooking or upgrading may or will also cause us to lose half of our obc and I'm not sure I want that as we booked under a different promotion than currently running.

Those rooms sure look nice, wish they had put them on deck 16 instead. But part of the appeal of the yc is to be able to be in a place where the masses aren't and not just a place to retreat to. Although deck 12 all the way forward will likely not be a big deal in terms of noise and might actually be bekice....

If you want yc I would book the yc1 and hope a yc2 opens up. The yc is already sold out for some cruises.

I searched through 6 weeks to find one open. There are only the 2 of us but I loved the idea of having 2 complete rooms. I had read on these blogs that the 2 on the sides are much bigger than the one in the middle so we took a side one.

I always continue to watch occupany even though we were booked. The middle one continued to become available on and off. Like people would put a hold on it and then change their mind.

Find a cabin you could 'live' with and then keep watching. if one pops up, I am sure they would have no problem switching your cabin.....just pay the difference.

Se are actually leaving in a few days.......cannot wait...

Will post my impression when I get back.

There has been a lot of discussion wether or not these cabins are worth I because they do not have a balcony.....to me, the square footage is.

Thanks guys, looks like the best option is to book one we would be ok with and hope for the family suite to open up.

Also, does anyone know if there is a baby pool/splash zone area for non-potty trained babies. I'll be traveling with my DS who will be about 18 months old at the time. Just wondering if he'll be able to play in the water on the ship. Thanks.

Finally, do any cabins on the Davina hold 5 people? Currently it's just me, DH, DS (18 months old) and DD (13 years old) but there's a possibility we may bring another child for DD to play with making it 5 people. Just wondering what our options would be. I know with DS being 18 months old he'll be in a little crib by himself so there would be room on the pullout couch for another person, just not sure if there are cabin restrictions in place. Thanks.

I searched through 6 weeks to find one open. There are only the 2 of us but I loved the idea of having 2 complete rooms. I had read on these blogs that the 2 on the sides are much bigger than the one in the middle so we took a side one.

I always continue to watch occupany even though we were booked. The middle one continued to become available on and off. Like people would put a hold on it and then change their mind.

Find a cabin you could 'live' with and then keep watching. if one pops up, I am sure they would have no problem switching your cabin.....just pay the difference.

Se are actually leaving in a few days.......cannot wait...

Will post my impression when I get back.

There has been a lot of discussion wether or not these cabins are worth I because they do not have a balcony.....to me, the square footage is.

Isn't it annoying when a party of two can book a "family" suite. :mad: ;) :D

The lack of a balcony is not the deciding factor as we would be happy to have a true wall of windows, I am not sure that the view from these will be as nice thanks to the wind screens and deck. Some of the views are obstructed to some extent.

That said its really the location 3 decks below the yacht club that gives me the most pause, and the added cost, although currently it about $200 total more.

Take plenty of pics, escpecially of the view from the cabin, my sense from the pics is the view would be nice standing but non exsitant while sitting or lying down. and the kids probably can't see without standing on something.

Our suite on NCL a true wall of windows, but on the side of the ship that is more possible i suppose

IMG_7571_zpsd68bc88e.jpg

IMG_7579_zps20e46ff1.jpg

I was searching for suites on the Sinfonia and it showed them all sold out for about 6 months.

Turns out they were still building the new itinerary on the website and hadn't gotten around to posting them on the web.

If the launch date is far off and it seems unlikely that a vessel should be sold out already ... there's a good chance it isn't.

And no one at MSC Customer Service will be able to tell you anything about it. When you see it, they will see it.

I was searching for suites on the Sinfonia and it showed them all sold out for about 6 months.

Turns out they were still building the new itinerary on the website and hadn't gotten around to posting them on the web.

If the launch date is far off and it seems unlikely that a vessel should be sold out already ... there's a good chance it isn't.

And no one at MSC Customer Service will be able to tell you anything about it. When you see it, they will see it.

Thanks Motown. Any insight into my other questions regarding stateroom occupancy and baby pool?