Carnival Pride Remaining in Baltimore or Not?

momof2cruiser

Does anyone know the latest on the Carnival Pride? Will it continue to cruise out of Baltimore after 2014? The rumor wast that Carnival was pulling the Pride out of Baltimore..... Will Carnival continue to have any ship going out of Baltimore?

The pride will be leaving baltimore in Oct 2014 and then sailing out of Tampa... You can book the ship out of tampa right now, so its leaving baltimore for sure...

The question is that if at least for the summer of 2015 or later, will carnival return to Baltimore, as of now, nothing has been announced about a return..

Baltimore does not seem to be able to support a ship in the winter, as the prices are so low, just to try to fill the ship... However, it appears they are generating good income during the warmer months based on the much higher prices, so I could certainly see Carnival returning at least for the warmer months

DH and I are booked on the Nov. 9th sailing on the Pride out of Tampa, so the ship better not stay in Baltimore. We live in Florida and Tampa is less than an hour away, so very convenient. We sailed on her sister ship, the Legend, a few weeks ago and loved the ship. Were glad when the Pride was changed to Tampa and we were able to book the same premium balacony aft as on the Legend. Great cabin - like getting a small suite without paying the price. Unusual configuration of the cabin makes it so. Behind the aft elevators, but we never heard an elevator sound once during the 7 day cruise.

Sorry for the folks in Baltimore losing their ship, though.

My PVP told me yesterday when I talked to her, that Carnival is returning to Baltimore year round. I hope this is true, she didn't mention which ship. She did say it will start in May 2015.

I hope this is true, we discovered the sailing from Baltimore last October and taking another cruise on 1/26/14. No fling and an easy ride from northeast PA.

The only way a ship returns to Baltimore is if the Pride leaves Tampa or if they put a Fantasy class ship back on 7 day runs. Miracle isn't returning to the East coast, and I don't think they're going to bring the Spirit or Legend back any time soon.

That's great information!! Way to go Carnival for listening to the cruisers. Now they need to permanently remove Florida and Freeport as stops. I would rather go to somewhere more exotic like St Croix, Santo Domingo, St John, Tortola, Jost Van Dyke or Virgin Gorda. I don't mind Nassau, Half Moon Cay or Grand Turk.

We were on the Pride and this question was asked repeatedly. We were told NO! We did not hear this good news until we returned home, a bit pissed that we missed the on board booking OBC.:eek:

Yeah, that sucks! I wouldn't be happy either since it was available to book at the end of your week.

• 1 month later...
It's official...The Pride is returning to Baltimore March 2015!!! It will remain in Baltimore for year round sailings!! I am so happy!!

Rose is correct. While the ship is in Tampa it will get the "Fun Ship 2.0" upgrades. Then it will return to Baltimore in March of 2015. There was a story about it in the paper recently. There was a dispute about EPA guidelines. But during the renovations, the boat will get new "Scrubbers". That satisfies the guidelines.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

It's official...The Pride is returning to Baltimore March 2015!!! It will remain in Baltimore for year round sailings!! I am so happy!!
I have read that The Pride will leave B-more for Tampa. While in Tampa , the "scrubbers" will be installed and Pride will return to B-more in 2015.:)