Where did you find romance onboard?

For Valentine's Day, Cruise Critic thought it would be fun to do a piece on "where to find love on a cruise ship" -- meaning places/activities where you met someone with whom you later found romance. Aside from the obvious singles meetups, we were thinking things like a shore excursion or being on the same trivia team or being seated at the same dining table. The more unexpected the better!

Does anyone have stories about where you found "love" (short or long term romance) on a cruise that you wouldn't mind sharing for our story? Thanks!

I went on a Carribean cruise in 2006 with another gal from work. It was my third cruise and I was tired of dancing with other gals. There never seemed to be any single guys onboard. But this time I was determined.

I subtly made it known that I was looking for single guys to dance with. A couple from Curacao was at the pool bar and said that there's a single guy that hangs out in the disco each night and asked if I liked men with mustaches. I just laughed and walked away.

The next night, the gal from Curacao found me in the 5th deck entertainment lounge at midnight when the show was over and practically dragged me up to the disco on the top deck. And introduced me to my future husband.

So I guess you could say we were set up by a couple that has no idea what they did. Eight years later we're still living happily ever after.

I went on a Carribean cruise in 2006 with another gal from work. It was my third cruise and I was tired of dancing with other gals. There never seemed to be any single guys onboard. But this time I was determined.

I subtly made it known that I was looking for single guys to dance with. A couple from Curacao was at the pool bar and said that there's a single guy that hangs out in the disco each night and asked if I liked men with mustaches. I just laughed and walked away.

The next night, the gal from Curacao found me in the 5th deck entertainment lounge at midnight when the show was over and practically dragged me up to the disco on the top deck. And introduced me to my future husband.

So I guess you could say we were set up by a couple that has no idea what they did. Eight years later we're still living happily ever after.

I love your story!!

Are you still cruising?

Thanks, it's a fun story to tell. I did the short version, lol. We got married one year to the day we met - in Jamaica at an all-inclusive resort, barefoot on the beach at sunset (my dream).

We've been on 6 other cruises together but now have an RV, so that's our new lifestyle. We hope to cruise more in the future when he gets more vacation time with his new job.

He moved from Wyoming to Seattle to marry me - that's what happens when you meet somebody on a cruiseship - they usually live in another part of the country, or even a different country.