the proper documents

beautifullady

Hello all. Traveling on NCL breakaway in June. Never changed my last name on my birth certificate to my married name, do I bring my marriage license? This will be my first cruise so not sure what to do.

You can't change the name on your BC

whats the name on your license? Married or maiden?

You book the cruise in that name

Edited by SeaUs

@ OP - Agree with the others. Passport.

http://travel.state.gov/content/passports/english.html

Also, read this fully and understand the document requirements exactly.

http://www.ncl.com/about/required-travel-documentation

(Hint: you don't change your name on your birth cert. If you don't have this stuff correct, you'll be left standing at the port with your thumb up your butt while your ship sails without you.)

Edited by triptolemus

Hello all. Traveling on NCL breakaway in June. Never changed my last name on my birth certificate to my married name, do I bring my marriage license? This will be my first cruise so not sure what to do.

PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE get a passport! Our next door neighbor just went through a nightmare because of name changes, divorces, etc.

Having a passport just about guarantees more cruises! And you have plenty of time. SO JUST DO IT! :D

I agree with the OP, get a passport. If, God forbid, for any type of emergency you need to fly home you need a passport.

I agree with others saying get the passport. It is WAY easier. It's a little pain to get it the first time, but if you have the time to send the documents and wait about 2 weeks for it to come back, it is just easier and you won't lose what you need at home (drivers license).

Have a great trip!

Karen