Best time to book a NCL Jade cruise?

Xcitdcruiser

I'm looking into cruises for my parents for 30 August. At the moment it is the most reasonable priced cruise during Aug /Sep.

I've done a lot of research on the X board but I was wondering whether the same principle applies - do prices tend to drop after final payment date? Is that 90 days prior?

How cheap can NCL Europe cruises get?

Especially the late summer (even late August) is prime vacation time in Europe, I doubt that there would be major price drops - for example our cruise beginning of last August pretty much sold out couple of weeks before the cruise and high end cabins already a lot earlier. There were price drops after final payment but availability was pretty poor.

I'm looking into cruises for my parents for 30 August. At the moment it is the most reasonable priced cruise during Aug /Sep.

I've done a lot of research on the X board but I was wondering whether the same principle applies - do prices tend to drop after final payment date? Is that 90 days prior?

How cheap can NCL Europe cruises get?

We just got off the Jade this last Saturday. We booked the cruise two weeks earlier. We decided we wanted to go somewhere and had no plans on going to Europe but when we saw the price it was easy to make the decision. Even with plane fare prices at that late date it was a great deal. One of the couples we met was staying in an oceanview. They said their category had gotten down to $359 per person. For a 10 day cruise that's pretty amazing.

We just got off the Jade this last Saturday. We booked the cruise two weeks earlier. We decided we wanted to go somewhere and had no plans on going to Europe but when we saw the price it was easy to make the decision. Even with plane fare prices at that late date it was a great deal. One of the couples we met was staying in an oceanview. They said their category had gotten down to $359 per person. For a 10 day cruise that's pretty amazing.

We too got amazing price for our first ever cruise that was on Jade in January - although the pricing on this very low season has nothing to do with peak season during summer months. :)

September is a great time for prices and airfares. Even after booking now you can usually get the lower price all the way up to final payment (don't pay until you have to) and even after final payment you might get some consideration for a price drop - such as better cabin or OBC).

We prefer to go to Europe in either September or May because of the price, fewer crowds, and good weather.

Ok, after reading your post I am second guessing myself for booking early. I have booked B2B jade cruises for early next year.

Did you sail in a Balcony? Either way, do you know what Balcony cabins were priced at?

How expensive were your flights?

I still have time to cancel with no penalty and go short notice but I don't want airfare to kill me.