AmeriHost Inn and Suites New Orleans???

shellie100

Has anyone stayed at the AmeriHost Inn and Suites New Orleans (1300 Canal Street)? It is not my first choice, but it appears that I am going during a very busy time period and all my top choices are either booked, not allowing Friday-night-only reservations that weekend, or are cost-prohibitive. So, I am looking into this AmeriHost Inn for just one pre-cruise night (I'll probably stay at the Hampton Inn Downtown for a few post-cruise nights). I would basically be at the AmeriHost Inn on one evening from 11pm to 11am, so it doesn't have to be too great. Is it clean? Relatively safe? What do you think???

If I don't stay there I may just stay by the airport, since we get in so late that night, and then taxi into the city the next morning.

THANKS!

Shellie

AVOID this hotel at all costs. It is next to the projects and plenty of homeless living under the bridge less than a block away. No where to be out after (or before sometimes) dark.

Forget the next door Days Inn to, even closer to the problems. I don't stay above Bourbon. Look at the CBD. La Quinta, Hampton, Queen and Cressent are all good option.

AVOID this hotel at all costs. It is next to the projects and plenty of homeless living under the bridge less than a block away. No where to be out after (or before sometimes) dark.

Forget the next door Days Inn to, even closer to the problems. I don't stay above Bourbon. Look at the CBD. La Quinta, Hampton, Queen and Cressent are all good option.

Thank you for the information. That's exactly what I needed to know. I usually like the Hampton Inn Downtown but it isn't taking reservations for a Friday night only stay (April 21st- busy time, I know). I was hoping to avoid dropping $200 on a 12 hour stay, but safety is important! Thanks again!!!

Shellie

Thank you for the information. That's exactly what I needed to know. I usually like the Hampton Inn Downtown but it isn't taking reservations for a Friday night only stay (April 21st- busy time, I know). I was hoping to avoid dropping $200 on a 12 hour stay, but safety is important! Thanks again!!!

Shellie

You might be better off staying at the airport, cheap, and heading in early the next am?? By the time you arrive in the FQ it will likely be midnight??

You might be better off staying at the airport, cheap, and heading in early the next am?? By the time you arrive in the FQ it will likely be midnight??

Yes, I am thinking that this may be a good option. Since it will be so late it would probably be more convenient and cheaper to stay by the airport. It's a busy time so it won't be too cheap, but alot less expensive than the FQ. We're going to get in our good New Orleans time after the trip, so that we're not completely bummed when the cruise ends.

Archived