Carnival Splendor

Mira28

Waiting to disembark. There is ice in the berth that delayed docking. I don't mind waiting since I don't want to leave.

This cruise was so wonderful. What a lovely ship and great crew! I will miss everything. I will post a detailed review. In short, I loved every minute. For you lucky people about to get on, enjoy! May you have sunshine and warmth.

Stayed in cabin 7374 (inside) deck 7. Quiet, very clean comfortable room. I was traveling alone. Room steward John and his assistant were excellent and very nice. Visited all the bars :) and loved them all. Great music. Try everything! It was easy to go anywhere on the ship. Sat outside 3 out of 4 sea days. So relaxing..

Stayed in cabin 7374 (inside) deck 7. Quiet, very clean comfortable room. I was traveling alone. Room steward John and his assistant were excellent and very nice. Visited all the bars :) and loved them all. Great music. Try everything! It was easy to go anywhere on the ship. Sat outside 3 out of 4 sea days. So relaxing..

We'll be sailing in April and staying in cabin 7373, probably right across the hall!

No, the water was calm all the way. I hardly felt the ship moving. I am prone to motion sickness but never had to take anything! You could walk outside or inside without a problem, although it was windy at times.

Waiting to disembark. There is ice in the berth that delayed docking. I don't mind waiting since I don't want to leave.

This cruise was so wonderful. What a lovely ship and great crew! I will miss everything. I will post a detailed review. In short, I loved every minute. For you lucky people about to get on, enjoy! May you have sunshine and warmth.

Hooray! Looking forward to a positive review.

Glad you had a good cruise. Welcome back to the COLD! :( We sailed on Splendor in May. Was worried because we LOVE the spirit class ships, but we fell in love with Splendor and are sailing on her again on 2/21! :D Will look forward to reading your review.

REALLY trying to get a feel for the noise level under the lido deck.....AFT - We have a GREAT cabin; fabulous balcony, good price!.....BUT, will it be too noisy?? We've got 8457 / other family have corner wrap and 8446.......

Really looking for noise feedback on the aft cabins under the liner pool area AFT.

THANKS.

REALLY trying to get a feel for the noise level under the lido deck.....AFT - We have a GREAT cabin; fabulous balcony, good price!.....BUT, will it be too noisy?? We've got 8457 / other family have corner wrap and 8446.......

Really looking for noise feedback on the aft cabins under the liner pool area AFT.

THANKS.

We were in 8446 in May and are booked in 8457 on 2/21. I have to tell you, yes, there is noise and there is vibration also, and some chair scraping early in the morning. It was very apparent, but I feel the room, the balcony and the great rate for both of them outweighs that. So it depends on what your tolerance level is! :rolleyes::p

Thank you Karen!!!

Obviously you didn't find it bad enough....you're going back again with the same cabin choice.

It really looks to me as if the 8th floor balcony's for these rooms are 1/3 larger than the ones on the 7th floor (same location).

Could you comment or compare? Are the 8th floor balcony's larger than those below on the 7th floor?

We've also put the (big) kids in an 4 person interior (there is ONLY ONE 4 bed interior in the aft of the ship on levels 6, 7, or 8)

I love the bigger balcony and I'd really like to try to get the biggest we can afford (aft corner is too much). But I don't want to sacrifice too much noise and we may be able to get onto the 7th floor. Since you have actually traveled in the room you are my best hope for an honest assessment. THANK YOU........I know I may be over analyzing....I tend to do that....we've never been on a bad cruise..........

Thank you Karen!!!

Obviously you didn't find it bad enough....you're going back again with the same cabin choice.

It really looks to me as if the 8th floor balcony's for these rooms are 1/3 larger than the ones on the 7th floor (same location).

Could you comment or compare? Are the 8th floor balcony's larger than those below on the 7th floor?

We've also put the (big) kids in an 4 person interior (there is ONLY ONE 4 bed interior in the aft of the ship on levels 6, 7, or 8)

I love the bigger balcony and I'd really like to try to get the biggest we can afford (aft corner is too much). But I don't want to sacrifice too much noise and we may be able to get onto the 7th floor. Since you have actually traveled in the room you are my best hope for an honest assessment. THANK YOU........I know I may be over analyzing....I tend to do that....we've never been on a bad cruise..........

I have never been in one of those cabins on deck 7 or 6. There was a review I read quite a while ago and she had the L shaped cabin on deck 6. I always heard that you could hear noise from the venue that is on deck 5 right below. Can't remember what it is. Comedy club?? The reason we picked deck 8 is that we always pick the deck below Lido. We have never had a problem with excessive noise. We like to be able to walk up and down one flight of stairs to Lido. We have sailed the Miracle the past couple of cruises and never had a problem. Splendor, as I mentioned, was a bit noisy and you could really feel the vibration when coming into a port. It is just what you can tolerate. We just feel the layout of the cabin and the larger balcony, plus the location is worth the extra "mechanics." If you are a light sleeper, you might have a problem. Good luck with your decision!