Labadee- Jet skis

IslandGirl3000

Hi,

I was wondering if anyone has rented the jet skis in Labadee. Can someone tell me how much it costs? How long do you rent for? Can two people share one? Can your children ride with you?

Thanks. :)

Believe it is $95 for one, and addtl passenger on same jet ski is another $29

The prices pennstateman gave you sound right. Keep in mind that this is a set tour you don't just get to go out and ride wherever you want to. You are taken out in a single file line and make a couple of stops along the tour before heading back to the docks. I think in total you ride about an hour.

Hi

We have done the jet skis our last two years at Labadee.

And

We already have them booked for this July.

Why?

Well, the only time we jet ski is on vacation and we love the way it is done!

-To start you arrive at the check-in area

-Show them your drivers license if you look like a youngin (yup our DD forgot hers on the Allure DH ran back on board and back with in 20 min to show it good DH!)

-sign the waivers

-go to 10 min orientation and safety video

-they rank you on your skill level (we were 1-2-3)

-get your life vest

-go to jet ski dock (it is hot wear your flip flops)

-get on your jet ski

-first run is to get the feel of it, you go out about 100 yards to tethered orange marker, yup full throttle the only way to go.

-Then you take off, you are told when to go, and by going full throttle you ride the waves.

-get to next stop, about 6 min.

-do this 5 times.

-last stop is close to shore and the locals try to sell you stuff, just say no, and eventually they leave you alone.

-back to shore.

The reason we like it is

They know all the reefs and waters

You go fast if you want, and slow if you want, thats why they rank you.

They tell you not to jump waves but show you how to do it if you want.

They have a guide in the front and the back.

We had a blast, and that is why we are doing it for the third time.

Oh I did it for the first time when I was 54 y/old

We feel safe

If you own a jet ski, or have done a lot of jet skiing, you could be bored.

For us it was great!

Hope this helps

Sea Ya

• 2 months later...
Just what I needed to know.

Thanks!

Hi,

I was wondering if anyone has rented the jet skis in Labadee. Can someone tell me how much it costs? How long do you rent for? Can two people share one? Can your children ride with you?

Thanks. :)

My son and I did the jet ski excursion this past March and we had a blast! It costs $96 a person to drive a jet ski and $29.75 if you go as a passenger. My 16 year son had to show his driver's license before he was allowed to go alone on a jet ski. We got to ride for almost 70 minutes. I believe that you have to at least 10 years old to go on this tour. This excursion was the highlight of our cruise!

Edited by WiseChoices

• 1 year later...
Which beach or area of Labadee is the jet ski dock located?

As soon as you exit the pier, and go thru the welcoming photographer area, you would hang a right and the jet ski area is there.

Probably 200yards ish from pier.

Not on a beach it is its own check in area.

Sea Ya

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
This should still be available to book on ship or at the island? I don't want to in advance since have obc to use.

I was just going to ask this SAME question.

I will be sailing over NYE and will be on Labadee on December 30 with what I expect a full ship. Do the jet skis usually sell out in the summer or over holiday sailings?

If so, I'll book but if I can book onboard for three people and using OBC instead of paying $300 prior to board, I'll wait. If it is a possibility they sell or have sold out, I'll do now.

I already have to go to the Excursions Desk immediately upon boarding since I want to request a certain cabana number since I have one booked over the water at Nellies.

Thank you.

I was just going to ask this SAME question.

I will be sailing over NYE and will be on Labadee on December 30 with what I expect a full ship. Do the jet skis usually sell out in the summer or over holiday sailings?

If so, I'll book but if I can book onboard for three people and using OBC instead of paying $300 prior to board, I'll wait. If it is a possibility they sell or have sold out, I'll do now.

I already have to go to the Excursions Desk immediately upon boarding since I want to request a certain cabana number since I have one booked over the water at Nellies.

Thank you.

We rented them on Coco Cay on our Quantum sailing over New Years and we waited to do it onboard the first day using our OBC. I'd wait.

The only reason we book ahead of time is so we get the time we want.

Next year we are doing the zip line early, I think the first offering.

Then we are doing the jet skis after lunch at 1pm.

You may not get the time you want, but, you will probably get a time, if you wait to book on board.

Enjoy

We do.