Which is cheaper bon voyage or at bar?

needabreakcanada

Trying to figure out which way is cheaper to do.

On BV 4 160z beer are $25.

Same Beer at bar is $5.95 each plus 15% gratuity?

= $6.84

But when trying to figure out alcohol pricing I am not so sure on outcome:

BV spiced rum $85

mixed drinks say $8.95

How many shots in carnivals mixed drinks? BV bottle 1 liter how many shots?

Thanks

You also pay tax on BV and on drinks purchased in port on embarkation day. You will get 16 2oz shots in a liter bottle. Also note that when you purchase beverages from BV you are required to sign an agreement that these beverage are for IN room consumption and not to be taken to other areas of the ship ( Which is the craziest policy of Carnival I know)

When you order your BV it will ask you when you want it delivered. You can ask for it to be delivered after the ship leaves port so that you don't pay tax.

There are 40 ounces in a bottle of liquor. I ordered a bottle of CC to be delivered in my room because I like Canadian whiskey. In a bar here in Canada if you order a rye and coke you typically get one shot or 1 oz in a highball glass.

I think the cost for the bottle was 75 bucks from BV and in the liquor store here the same bottle is about 40 bucks. It was worth it for me to have this bottle waiting for me in my room when I arrived!

hi there

they are 40 ounce bottles, for us it is worth while to pre order bottles for our room (and yes for when we are on Lido :D )

hubby drinks black russians and not tiny ones, so ordering from the bar is a $16 drink (double) 10 drinks we have the bottles paid for and he has another 10 or more drinks in the bottles left.

The hard part for us is.. vodka and kalhua = black russians - so that requires two bottles .. there is a 2 bottle limit for each room.. so whatever i drink has to be order through room service or use someone elses room allowance if someone is travelling with us and not using thiers..

We always pre order liquor and as early as possible one less expense...

You also pay tax on BV and on drinks purchased in port on embarkation day. You will get 16 2oz shots in a liter bottle. Also note that when you purchase beverages from BV you are required to sign an agreement that these beverage are for IN room consumption and not to be taken to other areas of the ship ( Which is the craziest policy of Carnival I know)

Not sure where you got that from but I have never signed any agreement like that. The only thing they ask is you don't carry the bottle around with you.

There are 40 ounces in a bottle of liquor.

In Georgia and on past cruises, the 1 Liter bottles hold just under 33oz. You mention Canada so perhaps you're referring to Imperial ounces?

I think the cost for the bottle was 75 bucks from BV and in the liquor store here the same bottle is about 40 bucks. It was worth it for me to have this bottle waiting for me in my room when I arrived!

Cost per bottle varies, but $75 is right for some choices. Still plenty of profit for CCL; 1L Seagrams 7 is $15 locally and $70 through BV. Malibu 1L is $15 here vs. $75 via BV. Jack Daniels black 1L is $28 in-store and $75 through BV.

It was much more of a deal before the Bon Voyage price hikes in the past year.

Still, it's worthwhile provided you're happy to drink mostly the same thing (i.e. Jack & coke or 7 & Seven) and happy to use a large insulated mug so you're not running back to the room all the time. Plus no worries about smuggling and getting caught.

Edited by dd2355

Not sure where you got that from but I have never signed any agreement like that. The only thing they ask is you don't carry the bottle around with you.

Its true,

I just purchased from BV department and before you could buy had to check box saying

for in room only.

I never remember this from before but for my NYE cruise, there it was, I had to agree to consume my BV purchase in my room. :rolleyes: Um, sure, I'll agree.;)

But like a knucklehead, I end up buying drinks out and about and bring a partial BV bottle home. That high priced bottle sure looks good in my liquor cabinet.

I never remember this from before but for my NYE cruise, there it was, I had to agree to consume my BV purchase in my room. :rolleyes: Um, sure, I'll agree.;)

But like a knucklehead, I end up buying drinks out and about and bring a partial BV bottle home. That high priced bottle sure looks good in my liquor cabinet.

I haven't ordered BV in awhile so maybe they changed the rules or it's just certain ships. I'm sure nobody follows that policy.

If you order on line, you have to check the box. The don't ask if you call in the order though.

One thing we learned: If you are a soda drinker, you can order a 6 pack of soda for $5 if what you buy has the mixer option. DH got his Makers Mark, which he would NEVER mix with coke, but got the 6 pack of soda they offered as a mixer.

hi there

they are 40 ounce bottles, for us it is worth while to pre order bottles for our room (and yes for when we are on Lido :D )

hubby drinks black russians and not tiny ones, so ordering from the bar is a $16 drink (double) 10 drinks we have the bottles paid for and he has another 10 or more drinks in the bottles left.

The hard part for us is.. vodka and kalhua = black russians - so that requires two bottles .. there is a 2 bottle limit for each room.. so whatever i drink has to be order through room service or use someone elses room allowance if someone is travelling with us and not using thiers..

We always pre order liquor and as early as possible one less expense...

Ah my drink of choice too. My dad got me hooked on them.

We mix drinks in the room and take them out all the time. No big deal.

You save money on the liquor but not the beer because if you buy a bucket onboard you get a $2 discount. Also no tax at sea. BV charges sales tax.

I just purchased a bottle from BV prior to sailing. I was not charged tax based on my confirmation and charge to credit card. :confused:

We always buy BV, and have never been required to sign anything. And how would anyone know what's in your glass?

When you order your BV it will ask you when you want it delivered. You can ask for it to be delivered after the ship leaves port so that you don't pay tax.

There are 40 ounces in a bottle of liquor. I ordered a bottle of CC to be delivered in my room because I like Canadian whiskey. In a bar here in Canada if you order a rye and coke you typically get one shot or 1 oz in a highball glass.

You don't pay tax but they add on tip. Which is more.

Sent from my HTC One mini using Forums mobile app

Just called in an order a few days ago for a bottle of captain and also the beer and cooler special along with ordering additional beer and cooler specials to be delivered to four other cabins. No tax on any of it and also was not told it had to be consumed in room. She said they would be there upon boarding.