More of my caribbean review

Because of the time off i can get from work, ive narrowed it down to:

18th aug ancient wonders

19th aug glitz and glamour

22nd adriatic explorer

23rd highlights of med

29th italian flavours

any thoughts?

I'm already booked on the Adriatic Explorer and Italian Flavours cruises you're looking at so I'm slightly biased! But I do think that Glitz and Glamour looks like a good itinerary, and my first cruise was on the Island Escape so if you want to save for the Caribbean I would definitely consider that option

At the moment the island escape is my other halfs favourite, and as its the cheapest at the moment, i think thatscwhat we will go for. Is the island escape a good ship? I think ive been spoilt with the dream, and i worry it wont live up to it. As its the kids holidays, will it be full of kids?

If you choose IE it would be better to go for a cabin in the middle of the ship to avoid any rolling/pitching, we chose 6060 (twin + 2 bunks) last April was ok no movement/noise... curtains cover hanging space in most cabins on this ship tho but didn't bother us.. was handy for lifts/stairs and bars/entertainment and only a few metres from the main dining room (Island Restaurant) which is self serve, food was lovely always hot plenty of choices and heard no complaints from anyone. You are shown to a table which is shared with others although there are one or two tables for two. I noticed everyone dressed so nicely of an evening here. A more casual dining spot is the Beachcomber restaurant (anytime) same food and self serve too... had our breakfast here most mornings. There is also another restaurant where you pay to eat although we never used it.

We were off the ship most of the time so missed the daytime activities other than the sea day where we enjoyed the usual comedy/quizzes etc, after our evening meals we spent some time at our favourite spot The Pub (great atmosphere) until the shows in the Ocean Theatre (excellent).

Staff are all so helpful and friendly on this ship....it was our 2nd cruise, really didn't want to come home and would go again.

Edited by barnowl1950
missing words